• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The same product with two or more categories

Bertes

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if had the same problem as i had, and how can i solve it?

I just started to use osCommerce today, i have a shop and i would like to have a product in two or more diferent categories, and both products must link to the same product stock data base, is it possible?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Bertelo

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if had the same problem as i had, and how can i solve it?

I just started to use osCommerce today, i have a shop and i would like to have a product in two or more diferent categories, and both products must link to the same product stock data base, is it possible?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Bertelo

Yep, that's a standard function of oscommerce. Simply creat your product in one of the categories you want it in. Once created, you can copy this product by clicking 'copy to'. You can either choose 'link product' or 'duplicate product'. For your case, you want to link product - Simply choose the 2nd category and hit 'copy'. This will put a copy of the product in the 2nd category - it is the same product, in that if you edit it's name or stock quantity, both products will change.

~Barbara~

Yep, that's a standard function of oscommerce. Simply creat your product in one of the categories you want it in. Once created, you can copy this product by clicking 'copy to'. You can either choose 'link product' or 'duplicate product'. For your case, you want to link product - Simply choose the 2nd category and hit 'copy'. This will put a copy of the product in the 2nd category - it is the same product, in that if you edit it's name or stock quantity, both products will change.

~Barbara~

Thanks Barbara for your time!

But i can do that by admin panel right?

Just to know because i have in my DB about 3000 products, and i need to do that procedure every time that i update my DB correct?

Thanks again ;)

Daniel Bertelo

Archived