• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

changing stylesheet backgrounds, HELP please

HI everybody...

HELP PLEASE...

I hunted in old forum notes, but couldn't quite find what I needed.

Thanks for your patient help!

I need a different stylesheet 'background' for each category to display in the center vertical window.

I presume it is a .gif?

Currently, of course it is solid white in distribution osC, of course.

What am I doing?

Each 'category' is in a different language, so each has its own national flag image in soft halftone.

Please??? How do I do this, please, and where?

Many many thanks to all!

:rolleyes:

HI everybody...

HELP PLEASE...

I hunted in old forum notes, but couldn't quite find what I needed.

Thanks for your patient help!

I need a different stylesheet 'background' for each category to display in the center vertical window.

I presume it is a .gif?

Currently, of course it is solid white in distribution osC, of course.

What am I doing?

Each 'category' is in a different language, so each has its own national flag image in soft halftone.

Please??? How do I do this, please, and where?

Many many thanks to all!

:rolleyes:

If I understand your first request you can go through your -

Admin Panel > Tools (Files) > stylesheet.css (edit) >

This is the the start from the top where most of the color changes can be made

/*

$Id: stylesheet.css,v 1.56 2003/06/30 20:04:02 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

.boxText { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; }

.errorBox { font-family : Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size : 10px; background: #ffb3b5; font-weight: bold; }

.stockWarning { font-family : Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size : 10px; color: #cc0033; }

.productsNotifications { background: #f2fff7; }

.orderEdit { font-family : Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size : 10px; color: #70d250; text-decoration: underline; }

BODY {

background: #ffffff;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

Hope that helps

HI ...yes I have been trying downloading and fixing and uploading that, but the results are all over the page.

What I need should be restricted to only the center vertical column....so to be pleasant & yet not to be too confusing.

So I guess css is overkill, even if I can get different flags to show under different categories(which is the idea).

~

Can you (or anybody) please advise me, ... please?

...I want to use the define_mainpage.php files, instead. Thankfully, there is one for each language.

I have made very thin (~10%) animated gifs.

I want to put them BEHIND the existing text, behind the other graphics on each page.

Presently, when I put them in with different programs, I get wrap-around or it displays in front of the existing texts+graphics. Both are wrong, of course. It is a background theme.

What tools/technique would you recommend for this, please?

Many Thanks!...

HI ...yes I have been trying downloading and fixing and uploading that, but the results are all over the page.

What I need should be restricted to only the center vertical column....so to be pleasant & yet not to be too confusing.

So I guess css is overkill, even if I can get different flags to show under different categories(which is the idea).

~

...I want to use the define_mainpage.php files, instead. Thankfully, there is one for each language.

I want to put them BEHIND the existing text, behind the other graphics on each page.

Presently, when I put them in with different programs, I get wrap-around or it displays in front of the existing texts+graphics. Both are wrong, of course. It is a background theme.

Many Thanks!...

~

Many Thanks!...

I'm new to osCommerce so can't give you specifics for which/where configuration files and names. However, the best technique for what you are trying to achive is to use CSS. Import the graphic as a background in the block element. Syntax is in the specification at w3c.org and there are a gazillian tutorials online.

Archived