• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Disabling Customer Testimonials

toomnyhats

I'm getting the following error when I launch my store:

1146 - Table 'osc_praisewearonline_net.TABLE_CUSTOMER_TESTIMONIALS' doesn't exist

select * FROM TABLE_CUSTOMER_TESTIMONIALS WHERE status = 2

I have verified that the table is indeed in my database. I don't even want to use testimonials so I'd like to just disable them and get rid of the error.

This error happened after installing the CCGV1.51a mod.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Vicky

Customer testimonials is not part of CCGV so that should not effected it at all unless some of the code that was added for CCGV that effected the testimonials code.

Which page are you getting that error on? Index.php?

More than likely this is a contribution that was installed. I am guessing http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,839

If that is the case you can probably just remove the infobox from whichever column it was added to and that should get rid of the error because the site will no longer be looking for the table.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Customer testimonials is not part of CCGV so that should not effected it at all unless some of the code that was added for CCGV that effected the testimonials code.

Which page are you getting that error on? Index.php?

More than likely this is a contribution that was installed. I am guessing http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,839

If that is the case you can probably just remove the infobox from whichever column it was added to and that should get rid of the error because the site will no longer be looking for the table.

Thanks. Yes...I thought it was kind of interesting too that it showed up after a contribution that had nothing to do with it. The error is apearing at the very top of my page when it loads. The url address has catalog/ but not index. When I click "home", then the index.html appears and of course the error is still there. I do not have a customer testimonial info box on my page in any column so I'm not quite sure how to get rid of it.

At some point something that has to do with customer testimonials had to be installed to the site so the code has to be somewhere. Either on the index.php or an infobox but if you do not see an infobox it is hard to know which column it could be in... and you will not see the infobox because of the errors.

I would suggest looking at/posting your column_right.php and column_left.php files. More then likely the code will be there and not on the index.php if the error is showing up on multible pages.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

At some point something that has to do with customer testimonials had to be installed to the site so the code has to be somewhere. Either on the index.php or an infobox but if you do not see an infobox it is hard to know which column it could be in... and you will not see the infobox because of the errors.

I would suggest looking at/posting your column_right.php and column_left.php files. More then likely the code will be there and not on the index.php if the error is showing up on multible pages.

Bless you!!! That did the trick. It was in my column_left file. Two little slash marks worked miracles!! Thank you so much!

Archived