• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

making an identical copy of a customized osCommerce solution on other websites

russellh9

Hi

Is there an easy way to take an existing, functional osCommerce solution and copy it to another web hosting server? I host with Ipower web which has the default osCommerce setup on all of its hosting accounts. I want to be able to take a complete osCommerce solution which I set up with 60 products, USPS and UPS shipping and Authorize.net payment module as well as a few other customized special pages (testimonials, etc.) and port it over to several new websites on different servers.

Then I can customize the banner, etc. for the new website osCommerce solutions and keep the catalog and all other modules the same as on the original website. That would save me a lot of time by not having to creatie the catalog, shipping, etc all over from scratch each time I want to set one of these website stores up. The payments will all be going to the same client and all the shipping will come from the same client.

Please help!! The original osCommerce site is the first one I have ever done (https://host465.ipowerweb.com/%7Edrnelson/osCommerce1/catalog/index.php).

Thanks!

Russ :)

Hi

Is there an easy way to take an existing, functional osCommerce solution and copy it to another web hosting server? I host with Ipower web which has the default osCommerce setup on all of its hosting accounts. I want to be able to take a complete osCommerce solution which I set up with 60 products, USPS and UPS shipping and Authorize.net payment module as well as a few other customized special pages (testimonials, etc.) and port it over to several new websites on different servers.

Then I can customize the banner, etc. for the new website osCommerce solutions and keep the catalog and all other modules the same as on the original website. That would save me a lot of time by not having to creatie the catalog, shipping, etc all over from scratch each time I want to set one of these website stores up. The payments will all be going to the same client and all the shipping will come from the same client.

Please help!! The original osCommerce site is the first one I have ever done (https://host465.ipowerweb.com/%7Edrnelson/osCommerce1/catalog/index.php).

Thanks!

Russ :)

Sure backup your database and files.

Then copy your files on to the new server. then create a database on the new server. Then Copy a backup of your current store to the over the new database on the new server.

Then copy you files up. Then all you need to do is to edit the configure.php files to reflect the new server settings for paths and for the database connections.

Then delete any customers and orders that might be from the old site and I think you should be good to go.

This can be a great method to avoid reinstallation of modifacations.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Archived