• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to remove oscid from URLs?

peabrainj

hello, I have several pages that show links just for search engines and I need to remove the oscid (if the oscid is in the URL search engines will interpret each instance as a different page!). here's the code I'm currently using:

$link = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $id);

which generates URLs like this: http://www.site.com/product_info.php?cPath...519161a89eafcc9

for SEO benefits I need to get URLs like this:

http://www.xjunglist.com/test/product_info...products_id=133

Any idea how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

just make sure your osc admin->configuration->sessions->prevent spiders sessions is set to true. Visitors should have sessions and/or cookies while spiders should not.

just make sure your osc admin->configuration->sessions->prevent spiders sessions is set to true. Visitors should have sessions and/or cookies while spiders should not.

it's actually for an RSS feed... so I really need to find a workaround to the whole session thing. i'm also using a mod_rewrite contribution that puts the title of the product in the URL. so i'd really like to use tep_href_link() to generate the links but i also really need to get rid of the osCid part.

are you using ultimate seo urls? this may be what you want, makes them static html addys--but it should be stated, that even without the seo urls on at least one store I reached a 6 on google in less that 3 months before, so the oscid didnt interfere there

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Got it! thanks for your help guys. it looks like all you have to do is add pass 'false' as the 4th argument to tep_href_link() . here's an example:

$link = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $id, 'NONSSL', false);

Yes, I'm using Ultimate SEO URLs, and I've been getting spidered since february but I'm not showing up until page 7 or so on all the major search engines. Even if it's unnecessary to remove the osCid part for the time being, I'm really thinking long term here. and any SEO advantage that I can get is going to help. anyway thanks again guys!

• 1 month later...

Been looking at this also, need to remove oscid, however I cannot use the Ultimate SEO URLs contrib as several of my products have the same name and Ultimate SEO URLs will not work with this, can anyone help.

Archived