• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Listing Sub Categories

Hi all,

I have been searching this board but just cannot find an answer to my problem, so I thought I'd post here for some help. I am in the process of converting my company's website to osCommerce, and so far so good, but I am having a problem with sub-categories not showing up above the products. For example, on our osCommerce site, if you click Mitsubishi, it will show the sub-categories in the center with the appropriate images. If you click, say, Brakes then, it will show products under the Brakes category, but it will NOT show "Hawk Brake Pads" above the products. Click here for my example. On the left you can see the Hawk Performance Brake Pads is listed, but not above the products in Brakes. Our website would be far more efficient and user-friendly if the sub-category would be displayed in the center with an image as well.

Can someone offer me some help, and if this has already been covered, my apologies.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Chris

GNV Motorsports

Hi,

What you're observing is apparently 'normal' osC behavior. I just found this out recently :'(

When a category's items are fully "subcategorized", then you click the parent category and get the nice subcat images with the 'new products' module underneath. (like your Mitsubishi category).

IF you have subcategories and "loose" products that are NOT subcategorized, then you don't get the cool stuff that I mentioned above. You just see the "loose" un-subcategorized items, leaving your subcategories orphaned in the menu on the left.

I used this: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,subcategories

Really quick 5 minute fix.

Mark

Hi all,

I have been searching this board but just cannot find an answer to my problem, so I thought I'd post here for some help. I am in the process of converting my company's website to osCommerce, and so far so good, but I am having a problem with sub-categories not showing up above the products. For example, on our osCommerce site, if you click Mitsubishi, it will show the sub-categories in the center with the appropriate images. If you click, say, Brakes then, it will show products under the Brakes category, but it will NOT show "Hawk Brake Pads" above the products. Click here for my example. On the left you can see the Hawk Performance Brake Pads is listed, but not above the products in Brakes. Our website would be far more efficient and user-friendly if the sub-category would be displayed in the center with an image as well.

Can someone offer me some help, and if this has already been covered, my apologies.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Chris

GNV Motorsports

Mark, thanks A LOT! That is just what I needed. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Chris

GNV Motorsports

Hi,

What you're observing is apparently 'normal' osC behavior. I just found this out recently :'(

When a category's items are fully "subcategorized", then you click the parent category and get the nice subcat images with the 'new products' module underneath. (like your Mitsubishi category).

IF you have subcategories and "loose" products that are NOT subcategorized, then you don't get the cool stuff that I mentioned above. You just see the "loose" un-subcategorized items, leaving your subcategories orphaned in the menu on the left.

I used this: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,subcategories

Really quick 5 minute fix.

Mark

Archived