• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help I'm lost

Tim?

Hi all,

(See my introduction in "General Discussion" for an introduction from me about what I do for who's website and just info about me..funnily enough)

A few problems with osCommerce.

E-Mail HTML

I know how to create a CLICK HERE link using HTML but it doesn't seem to work when sending out e-mails under the 'Tools > Send E-Mail" area. Already tried turning on the "Send e-mails in HTML format" option but still doesn't work. Any ideas/help on this?

Title Bar

The website that I'm webmastering for, using osCommerce, when visiting it from outside the administration system the title bar in Internet Explorer (the blue bar at the very top of the IE window) says 'osCommerce' but as per my clients requests, it needs to be changed to say something else...any ideas/help?

Editing certain pages

I can't seem to edit the "private.php" page, the "shipping.php" page and also the "conditions.php" page. At present, when I go to the 'File Manager' under 'Tools' and select that page then click on 'Edit' an error comes up saying I don't have the correct user permissions to edit this page. I'll try to get a screenshot of this error message but until then anything to say about it?

Thanks in advance for any help given!! (Although I type long-handed, if you wish to reply in short-hand then please don't worry, I can read and type short-handed too)

I am Tim? and Tim? is me!

I know how to create a CLICK HERE link using HTML but it doesn't seem to work when sending out e-mails under the 'Tools > Send E-Mail" area. Already tried turning on the "Send e-mails in HTML format" option but still doesn't work. Any ideas/help on this?

I think you need to actually edit your code for this - have you tried searching this forum for HTML email advice?

The website that I'm webmastering for, using osCommerce, when visiting it from outside the administration system the title bar in Internet Explorer (the blue bar at the very top of the IE window) says 'osCommerce' but as per my clients requests, it needs to be changed to say something else...any ideas/help?

Have a look under /includes/languages/english.php - general text is defined in there. Either that or your My Store settings in the shop backend under "Configuration -> My Store".

I can't seem to edit the "private.php" page, the "shipping.php" page and also the "conditions.php" page. At present, when I go to the 'File Manager' under 'Tools' and select that page then click on 'Edit' an error comes up saying I don't have the correct user permissions to edit this page. I'll try to get a screenshot of this error message but until then anything to say about it?

Just don't use the File Manager - it's really buggy. Download the files via FTP and edit in a text editor, then upload again - honestly, it will save you time & worries. Text changes are done at language level: /includes/languages/english/yourfile.php

all the best, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Terra,

Firstly thanks for the quick response :D

I'll look into the editing the code stuff and post again with the results.

I've just re-read what you said so again I'll look into that and post results.

Finally, when trying to edit, for example, the privacy.php page, I get this error message..

errrmsg1sy.jpg

...which, to me, confuses me to no end. (Under the conditions of a contract I am not permitted to mention or use the shop name without prior permission -- hence the red block) ~ [sorry..not my idea]

Just if I had someone experienced enough with osCommerce to meet up with and work with me on these edits......hmmmm.

Terry, or anyone else, please feel free to provide a response/input.

Thanks in advance, again

Finally, when trying to edit, for example, the privacy.php page, I get this error message..

errrmsg1sy.jpg

...which, to me, confuses me to no end. (Under the conditions of a contract I am not permitted to mention or use the shop name without prior permission -- hence the red block) ~ [sorry..not my idea]

mmhh - for starters the file path looks wrong - you've got two "//" in there which doesn't look right. You might want to check your two configure.php files to make sure they are set up correctly.

Secondly - file & folder permissions can be checked via FTP. Depending on your FTP program you can right-click and set the permissions.

Thirdly - make sure your client has given you the correct FTP access. Sometimes users are allowed to download files but not to upload. You therefore need full FTP access - check with your client to make sure that the FTP username & password are correct.

But first of all, I'd start off with a good FTP program - I'm using Ipswitch (a paid program) and am very happy with it, but Filezilla is also meant to be good.

all the best, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so just a little update (instead of bumping).

I spoke with my client the other day and asked him to contact the person who originally implemented the osC system to ask if he ever created a second account with more powers (i.e: an admin account).

Hopefully he'll be able to shed some light on this.

Anyone got any ideas/help still?

Thanks,

Tim?

Archived