• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

emails do not work - system does not send emails

carloscanas

The system does not send e-mails originating from OSCommerce, or from any PHP script.

I am running on Red Hat Linux (Fedora) and using Qmail as SMTP server. I can e-mail directly from Linux command line, but I can not e-mail from any PHP script.

My PHP.INI file is pointing to /usr/sbin/sendmail -i -t, which is just a link to the Qmail-inject program. I have tried changing the path to /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject without success.

I would appreciate any pointers toward solving this problem.

Thanks,

Carlos :(

SMTP emails can be problmatic as there is much talk of ISP's limiting them to a set number per client/day/hour/month or some say even server. There could be many reasons for it not working but if the php.ini is stating sendmail and your are using SMTP then you may have your answer.

Have you changed the email functions in the admin and set them to SMTP?

Why not just use the sendmail functions, it's alot less hassle.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

SMTP emails can be problmatic as there is much talk of ISP's limiting them to a set number per client/day/hour/month or some say even server. There could be many reasons for it not working but if the php.ini is stating sendmail and your are using SMTP then you may have your answer.

Have you changed the email functions in the admin and set them to SMTP?

Why not just use the sendmail functions, it's alot less hassle.

Thanks for your reply.

I have tested PHP mail function outside ECommerce (I just wrote a small script), and still I can not send anything from PHP. I know is not my ISP as I have a dedicated server. It looks like PHP does not send anything to Qmail (my smtp server). I can e-mail directly from root but not from PHP running on Apache. I just to e-mail fine until my server was re-imaged and everything was re-installed (someone got into it). I know this is not a ECommerce problem I would appreciate any ideas on it.

Thanks,

Carlos

Archived