• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A step by step guide?

randyf

First off, I apologize for my complete lack of knowledge concerning all of this. I just signed up with Bluehost and used Fantastico to download the oscommerce package. I am attempting to get my business in an ecommerce situation. My skills are very basic: no html skills, etc. I'm attempting to configure all of this and am feeling a bit overwhelmed and confused. Even trying to find information through these forums and such, many times, seems like an unknown language to me. So, I was just wondering if there is a relatively simple step by step layout somewhere for all of this. Even in the introductory pages, I don't know what to label false or true; I can't figure out how to set the languages for descriptions and pricing; or how to configure the information boxes, so that I can space out certain tiers of information.

Okay, thanks in advance for reading. Is there such a guide?

Thank you!

Randy, check this:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce

You will find here a complete step by step guide that will help you a lot. You should also see the contributions, you can search by the subjects you are interested in.

I started with osCommerce short time ago and felt like you (well, still today most of the time!!!) and it's amazing how with the guide, the contributions and this forum I manage to do things I've never imagined I could. People is wonderful here and they all help a lot.

Good luck!!!

Archived