• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with Multiple Customers Carts Mergin

bjhampe

I am having an issue where multiple customers shopping carts are merging into one super cart and I have been unable to pin down the problem so far. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Barry

I am having an issue where multiple customers shopping carts are merging into one super cart and I have been unable to pin down the problem so far. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Barry

by default, there is only one cart merging done, which happens when a cusatomer logs in and already had stuff in his saved cart. Maybe it helps you if I quickly write down what happens then:

the items in the session cart are added to the saved cart in the database (the basket tables)

then the session is restored, adding all items from the basket tables into the session cart, meaning now you not only have the items added in this session in the cart but also those added in a former session. The "cart" used for further displaying and calculating is the session cart

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Could the fact that I am using the cache be affecting the cart?

I think it's time to say what you want to do and what you have tried ... I can only make guesses this way.

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I think it's time to say what you want to do and what you have tried ... I can only make guesses this way.

I apologize for not being more exact. I was hoping someone had heard of an issue where carts were doing this. It happens several times a day. I don't know if it is related to the customers using the same ISP or people logging in at the exact same time.

Thank you for your responses so far.

I apologize for not being more exact. I was hoping someone had heard of an issue where carts were doing this. It happens several times a day. I don't know if it is related to the customers using the same ISP or people logging in at the exact same time.

Thank you for your responses so far.

are you storing your sessions in the database (check your configure.php for "mysql" as session storage)

Monika

Archived