• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to set up multiple sellers in paypal

Raphas

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and new to e-commerce, and I would like advice on how to use paypal on my use case.

For our business we would like to set up, we're going to have a few sellers that, hopefully, will make a few sells.

What they would do is call the person interested in our service and charge their credit card by phone.

But in order for us to have a secured access and also be able to identify which seller made the transaction, we need to have multiple users access to our paypal and they should only be able to "send money" using a form. From my understanding, the "multiple user access" feature is supposed to do the job.

I tried to work my way though the multiple user access feature on my paypal but all I was able to to is add username/roles but I can't figure out how they can login to our account since I can't specify an e-mail for that user. Am I totally missing the point here ? Is paypal able to do what I'm asking for ?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and new to e-commerce, and I would like advice on how to use paypal on my use case.

For our business we would like to set up, we're going to have a few sellers that, hopefully, will make a few sells.

What they would do is call the person interested in our service and charge their credit card by phone.

But in order for us to have a secured access and also be able to identify which seller made the transaction, we need to have multiple users access to our paypal and they should only be able to "send money" using a form. From my understanding, the "multiple user access" feature is supposed to do the job.

I tried to work my way though the multiple user access feature on my paypal but all I was able to to is add username/roles but I can't figure out how they can login to our account since I can't specify an e-mail for that user. Am I totally missing the point here ? Is paypal able to do what I'm asking for ?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Hi Raphas, I'd like to help but you lost me during your description ...

can we sum it up:

who sells to whom

who pays how

how is payment done

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Hi Raphas, I'd like to help but you lost me during your description ...

can we sum it up:

who sells to whom

who pays how

how is payment done

Hi Monika,

Thank you for your time. OK will try to sum it up.

For our company, we have let's say 2 sellers, seller A and B.

We have opened a paypal account and would like to charge our clients' credit card on the paypal platform. I imagine that you can charge clients by entering their credit card onformation right ?

What I would like, is be able to identify which seller (A or B) made the transaction possible. From my understanding, this is possible using paypal's feature "Multi-user access" but I haven't been able to configure it properly at all. I can add users, and also customize their rights but cannot create a different login/password for each one of them.

To sum up, I would like A and B to access the same account but with 2 different logins and charge our client's credit card by entering information on a paypal interface.

Hi Monika,

Thank you for your time. OK will try to sum it up.

For our company, we have let's say 2 sellers, seller A and B.

We have opened a paypal account and would like to charge our clients' credit card on the paypal platform. I imagine that you can charge clients by entering their credit card onformation right ?

What I would like, is be able to identify which seller (A or B) made the transaction possible. From my understanding, this is possible using paypal's feature "Multi-user access" but I haven't been able to configure it properly at all. I can add users, and also customize their rights but cannot create a different login/password for each one of them.

To sum up, I would like A and B to access the same account but with 2 different logins and charge our client's credit card by entering information on a paypal interface.

Hi Raphas,

I think I have to pass here ... because in Germany it's not possible to enter CC info for a customer. The customer has to do that himself.

So here is what I would do in Germany, maybe it still helps you: I'd create a paypal button for each seller, where you have to specify the email addy the money would be sent to. Alternatively, you can ask a buyer to send payment to that specific email address. As paypal allows several email addys tied to an account, it would be very clear which seller made the deal, as the confirmation would show which email addy was the recipient of the payment. The email addresses could be as easy as [email protected], [email protected] etc, with each number in the email matching the seller id in a sellers table for you to identify. You'd need to create those email addresses of course or use a catchall.

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Thank you, that's a great idea.

Do you know if it's possible to do the same thing by sending an email to the buyer ?

Each seller would have his own email template, which would contain a link to paypal's website to make the payment.

Do you think I'd be able to know which seller made the payment by customizing the paypal link ?

Thank you, that's a great idea.

Do you know if it's possible to do the same thing by sending an email to the buyer ?

Each seller would have his own email template, which would contain a link to paypal's website to make the payment.

Do you think I'd be able to know which seller made the payment by customizing the paypal link ?

Hi Raphas, not that I know of. The sending email for a payment request will always be the default email address of your account, and the link will point to it.

edit: if you do not send the request from paypal's site but make your own email template, then it's possible ... because it then basically works like a button!

Monika

Hi Raphas, not that I know of. The sending email for a payment request will always be the default email address of your account, and the link will point to it.

edit: if you do not send the request from paypal's site but make your own email template, then it's possible ... because it then basically works like a button!

OK I will make my templates. Thanks for your help.

Do you happen to know which parameter i should pass to paypal for the email ?

OK I will make my templates. Thanks for your help.

Do you happen to know which parameter i should pass to paypal for the email ?

Hi Raphas,

when you create the paypal button that you can bind into your email template, you can click on a second page for more options "Add more options" link, bottom right ... the last values on that page is the selection of the email addy the button should be valid for. You just create a button for each reseller, and encrypt it, then add to your template. Very easy.

Monika

Hi Raphas,

when you create the paypal button that you can bind into your email template, you can click on a second page for more options "Add more options" link, bottom right ... the last values on that page is the selection of the email addy the button should be valid for. You just create a button for each reseller, and encrypt it, then add to your template. Very easy.

Great! I will follow your instructions and let you know how it goes

Archived