• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help beginer

skywalker786

Here is link that is probably a good topic to review--look thru the forums, any question you could possibly think of has been answered, I am pretty sure of that:

Basics For Design

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Here is link that is probably a good topic to review--look thru the forums, any question you could possibly think of has been answered, I am pretty sure of that:

Basics For Design

#

Hi I am not so concerned about the design. I just wanted to know if there is anything I have missed

out in the installation.

How did you set up your shop? did read the pdf doc title "osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2

Update 051112 Documentation"?

Please have a look at my site and let me know what else I have missed out

http://www.cfcases.co.uk/shopping/catalog/

basics for design covers what your needing to do, i.e. change the text in the main page, change the logo set up your store name etc.

on top of that you can start getting to grips with customising the look and feel of the site to suit your needs

try the basics for design, or be more specific

basics for design covers what your needing to do, i.e. change the text in the main page, change the logo set up your store name etc.

on top of that you can start getting to grips with customising the look and feel of the site to suit your needs

try the basics for design, or be more specific

Sorry I don't think I am making myself clear. The design of the shop is not the

problem.

1. Can someone please check if I have installed everything that I need to do?

2. I read one fifth of the pdf document and got lost. Did everyone read this in order

get a shop running?

3. what other tools did other people use such as links, manuals, tutorials to get there shop live?

Many thanks

Sorry I don't think I am making myself clear. The design of the shop is not the

problem.

1. Can someone please check if I have installed everything that I need to do?

2. I read one fifth of the pdf document and got lost. Did everyone read this in order

get a shop running?

3. what other tools did other people use such as links, manuals, tutorials to get there shop live?

Many thanks

if you've installed it - it's live

all you need to do now is change it to you company name, and your logo (rather than oscommerce one - this is covered in the BASICS FOR DESIGN tutorial) and add your products.

after that, it's just marketing your link.

Archived