• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how do i edit,Shipping & Returns,Privacy Notice,C.O.U,and the Home page

cybermanics

I am new here and i cant seem to find out how to edit some of the pages like the home page and C.o.U Shipping and Returns,Privacy Noctice.So if anyone can help me out it would be geart

Thanks

Sean Johnson

Cyber Manics :'(

I am new here and i cant seem to find out how to edit some of the pages like the home page and C.o.U Shipping and Returns,Privacy Noctice.So if anyone can help me out it would be geart

Thanks

Sean Johnson

Cyber Manics :'(

Editing Page Texts

The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:

[path to catalog]/includes/languages/english/index.php

The text is set in the following manner:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...');

The text highlighted in green may be modified - it is important to keep the define() of the TEXT_MAIN keyword. To remove the text for TEXT_MAIN completely, the following example is used where only two single quote characters exist:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

Editing Page Texts

The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:

[path to catalog]/includes/languages/english/index.php

The text is set in the following manner:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...');

The text highlighted in green may be modified - it is important to keep the define() of the TEXT_MAIN keyword. To remove the text for TEXT_MAIN completely, the following example is used where only two single quote characters exist:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

Ok Evertime i Do edit that Part i get this error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/cyberman/***********/store/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 14

Now please tell me why it is doing that and how am i to Put what i want to in it if it will not let me Edite it

Ok Evertime i Do edit that Part i get this error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/cyberman/***********/store/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 14

Now please tell me why it is doing that and how am i to Put what i want to in it if it will not let me Edite it

Post your store/includes/languages/english/index.php file and we will look at it. PHP is very picky. One little character out of place and it throws an error.

Tim

It seems it is because of the ;

In that line: define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...');

It should be as easy as this: define('TEXT_MAIN', 'here is where you add your text');

I don't need any text there so mine is like this: define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived