• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Step 7 in installation procedure under Windows XP pro

Hi all, i can't finish installation cause this : Ca u help me please to find an issue ? Many thanks for your help

Sans%20titre.JPG

Have you tried checking the /includes/configure.php and /admin/includes/configure.php to see if they are read only?

They need to be accessable so osCommerce can write to the files.

If you can't get it to work you can always edit the files (listed above) in any editer and install the sl file to your database yourself and skip the install all together.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Have you tried checking the /includes/configure.php and /admin/includes/configure.php to see if they are read only?

They need to be accessable so osCommerce can write to the files.

If you can't get it to work you can always edit the files (listed above) in any editer and install the sl file to your database yourself and skip the install all together.

Thanks, I have uploaded manualy the catalog and all files on the DB, but i always have some errors on the top of the shop. I'd like to know how to, under windows XP and easy PHP environnement, change rights to those files to done installation.

On a web server, i just have to right clic with my mouse to change chmods, but on my PC, i don't know...

Thanks for your post.

On Windows XP Pro you have to Login to your computer with the logon for Administrator and not under your User name to be able to change permissions. Then you can go to any folder or file, right-click, untick the Read Only box and the permisisons are changed. If you do this without Administrator rights then unticking the box will not work.

The problem is made worse by XP Pro having Windows IIS server pre-installed, which tends to mess up any Apache server you install.

Vger

On Windows XP Pro you have to Login to your computer with the logon for Administrator and not under your User name to be able to change permissions. Then you can go to any folder or file, right-click, untick the Read Only box and the permisisons are changed. If you do this without Administrator rights then unticking the box will not work.

The problem is made worse by XP Pro having Windows IIS server pre-installed, which tends to mess up any Apache server you install.

Vger

Hello,

I found I had load of problems with XP so what I did to run OS commerce in a test environment was to use either VMWARE http://www.vmware.com/products/gsx/ or MS Virtual Server. Both are now free and VMware is downloadable from the internet.

Then I installed a test virtual server (can be linux hint: fedora is free and downloadable, windows or whatever you like) on my home PC without having to muck about with my own 'real' computer. The other benefit is you can pick up a copy of your test VMWARE server and put it on any computer that has vmware installed.

Just a suggestion

Archived