• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sometimes comes up as a server error - help please

loosefigures

Im running OScommerce on a shared server. I checked the SQL logs and is this alot?

Traffic Tip ? per hour

Received 4 GB 36 MB

Sent 3 GB 32 MB

Total 7 GB 68 MB

Connections ? per hour %

max. concurrent connections 155 --- ---

Failed attempts 65 k 616.65 1.44%

Aborted 10 k 96.55 0.23%

Total 4,503 k 42.68 k 100.00%

Total Requests

Total ? per hour ? per minute ? per second

101 M 956.43 k 15.94 k 265.68

www.loosefigures.com

Sometimes my store blanks out and shows this message during busy hours

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Your max concurrent connection is very generous at 155 for a shared server. It may simply be the case that your site is a busy site on a server with other busy sites - in which case you will get occasional errors. The only way around that is either a Virtual Dedicated Server or a full Dedicated Server.

You may also be making things worse for yourself if you have use_pconnect set to true in your two configure.php files.

Vger

One possible way around this is if your host allows multiple MySQL users. In this case you could simply create a few users and add them to the store database. Then, modify tep_db_connect() to randomly select one of those users.

This technique has been used with good success on several sites...

Your max concurrent connection is very generous at 155 for a shared server. It may simply be the case that your site is a busy site on a server with other busy sites - in which case you will get occasional errors. The only way around that is either a Virtual Dedicated Server or a full Dedicated Server.

You may also be making things worse for yourself if you have use_pconnect set to true in your two configure.php files.

Vger

Current setting in both files

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persisstent connections?

One possible way around this is if your host allows multiple MySQL users. In this case you could simply create a few users and add them to the store database. Then, modify tep_db_connect() to randomly select one of those users.

This technique has been used with good success on several sites...

I have the ability to use multiple user names and passwords for the database access. How would I go about adding those to the tep_db_connect()?

Is it in the database.php file in the functions folder? how would I code it?

Archived