• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help With Gift Cert Input Field & A Payment Page

carlost

Hello,

Can anyone help me with any of what's left to do concerning these 2 objectives I am trying to bring about.

(1)

I wanted customers who purchase a gift certificate via my already installed "Credit Class & Gift Voucher" contribution - to be able to just insert whatever amount they want to via a text input field. Presently you have to set an amount (as you do with any product), and a customer can increase it by adding more quantities of it.

(2)

I wanted to have a "Payment" page, where a customer can insert any amount for payment, as well as a brief description of what the payment is for, also using text input fields.

---------------------------------------------------

Presently, using some of the code from three separate contributions (Make An Offer, Options Type, & Maximum Order Quantity) - I am almost able to achieve what I am looking for.

From the Make An Offer contribution, I am able to get a text input field to carry an inserted $ amount over into the shopping cart.

From the Options Type contribution, I am able to get a text input field to carry an inserted brief payment description over into the shopping cart as an attribute.

From the Maximum Order Quantity contribution, I am able to prevent more than one gift certificate and/or more than one payment amount, to be processed per order.

I am afraid though, the finishing touches are beyond my limited ability to customize some, using others code, which is all that I can really do. (Though I am still, searching through the forums, and contributions, for more info on how I might accomplish what I want to.)

What's left that needs to be done is:

(1)

Need to be able to validate the two text input fields involved, which are generated in product_info.php (To be able to control the $ amount range, & to insure a description is inserted - would like to do this using an "alert" statement.)

(2)

Presently, the "Gift Certificate" (product) page passes through the checkout procedure going from the cart directly to checkout_payment.php, skipping checkout_shipping.php.

The "Payment" (product) page does not (I do know it has to do with the "Product Description" text attribute that carries through). It goes through checkout_shipping.php first - this needs to be changed to do the same as the "Gift Certificate" (product) page.

(3)

When using the Free Shipping Over A Given Amount feature, I need to be able to exclude both the "Gift Certificate" (product) amount, and/or the "Payment" (product) amount - from being included in the tally/sum.

(4)

In most files that I have tried to, I am able to separate the 2 products (which in my case are 1 & 2 "Gift Certificate" & "Payment" respectively) by using some variation of (($products['products_id'] == 1) && ($products['products_id'] == 2) ) with an "if" statement, or "if else" statements.

I have not been able to figure out, or find an example of the variation that works with the checkout files (checkout_shipping.php, checkout_payment.php, checkout_confirmation.php, & checkout_success.php)

I need to, to be able to custom the info presented - which will depend on which products are purchased (different for 1 & 2, than the rest).

Any help, any input at all - is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

For the first set of questions:

Your first question asked already been asked and answered on the CCGV forum. The answer given was "no". It would take too much re-coding to achieve this and isn't worth anyone even trying it.

The answer to the second question is no about the customer payment and yes about inserting own message or text or description in checkout. Search the contributions section, there are contributions that can achieve this.

You are working on, try to work on too many modifications at once - you need to tackle one at a time and actually succeed in it before attempting another.

For your second set of questions, I'll invite someone else to come in and comment.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

For the first set of questions:

Your first question asked already been asked and answered on the CCGV forum. The answer given was "no". It would take too much re-coding to achieve this and isn't worth anyone even trying it.

The answer to the second question is no about the customer payment and yes about inserting own message or text or description in checkout. Search the contributions section, there are contributions that can achieve this.

You are working on, try to work on too many modifications at once - you need to tackle one at a time and actually succeed in it before attempting another.

For your second set of questions, I'll invite someone else to come in and comment.

First off, thanks so much for your response!

I guess I wasn't clear in how I worded things. I already have accomplished, rather easily even, creating a text input field for my "Gift Certificate" product page. It works just fine, passing the amount through the cart process. I got the info on how to do this from the "Make An Offer" contribution. I only cannot seem to figure out how to validate the field.

I also already have created a "Payment" product page, which also works fine - passing both the amount, and the description info, via text input fields, through the entire checkout process. And I got the info on how to do this through both the "Make An Offer" contribution and the "Options Type" contribution. And again, I only cannot seem to figure out how to validate the fields.

But, everything works just fine!

Thanks,

Carlos

Archived