• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

some general advice - secpay

oxfam_karl

Hi,

Could I get some general advice here?

I am a website co-ordinator and I am looking for a simple shopping cart facility. I have noticed that my ISP lets you install oscommerce from its dashboard set-up.

My background is that I am proficient at html, css

I have a good working knowledge of javascript

it would be me that would be installing it

1. How customisable is oscommerce, is it easy to change the look of templates into your own branding?

2. How easy is it to install in general?

3. How easy is it to conect the site to secpay?

Thanks

Hi Karl,

1) OSC is extremely customiseable but the more you want to do to it the greater your knowledge of PHP, MySQL, and all the fron-end stuff will need to be.

2) Most ISP's offer the OSC installer which installs everythign for you so it's very easy.

3) OSC comes with a SECPay module that is a one-click install in the Admin Tool. Just fill in the required fields with your SECPay details and you're good to go.

thanks jason, much appreciated. i think i'll have a bash at it.

why did you bother replying marco, i thought it was ok to bump a thread after a day or two, have you ever had an argument in real life?

why did you bother replying marco, i thought it was ok to bump a thread after a day or two, have you ever had an argument in real life?

Then you thought wrong :)

And in fact you bumped the post twice in 30 mins ;)

Search google for "How to ask smart questions" and you would of gotten an answer much quicker :rolleyes:

Archived