• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Development store problems

I have for 3 years now had an online store, pretty basic.

However now I feel the time is to take it to the next step. So I have a development store. Fresh install.

I downloaded my complete "old" site to my computer, and uploaded it via FTP to the development store. I have not loaded any database backups.

However as soon as I have uploaded all the content, the frontpage on my development store, is the same as my old site, and when I click on a catagory, it automaticly opens in the old site.

F.example:

Front page: developmentstore.com/catalog/index looks and feels like my realstore.com/catalog/index. And when I click around on the site, it is automaticly realstore.com/catalog/.. this is for both admin and catalog.

Have I uploaded some kind of database info? Any idea where too look? Thank you.

I have for 3 years now had an online store, pretty basic.

However now I feel the time is to take it to the next step. So I have a development store. Fresh install.

I downloaded my complete "old" site to my computer, and uploaded it via FTP to the development store. I have not loaded any database backups.

However as soon as I have uploaded all the content, the frontpage on my development store, is the same as my old site, and when I click on a catagory, it automaticly opens in the old site.

F.example:

Front page: developmentstore.com/catalog/index looks and feels like my realstore.com/catalog/index. And when I click around on the site, it is automaticly realstore.com/catalog/.. this is for both admin and catalog.

Have I uploaded some kind of database info? Any idea where too look? Thank you.

look in includes/configure.php for the paths and the same file in admin as well

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Archived