• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need feedback on my website

happyday

Hello everyone

Please give me some feedback about my website.

It took me a long time building this site, espeacially having a one year old baby boy crying for me. I've been working on my site for about 5 months now. I've been studying and working hard to build this site. At times I feel like I've neglected my baby boy which I have because I focuse to finish my website, I do this for my baby boy. I feel that I'm not getting support from my in-laws because I feel they are looking down at me and my husband doesn't help me much with building my site, he discourage me even more. At times it's very depressing..... and hey look!...I'm almost near finishing my websites. Now that I'm almost done...I could finally buy my husband something for his birthday with my own money and no one could look down at me because pretty soon I won't be spending my husband's money. I'll be financially independent. The reason why i want to run my own e-commerce business in the beginning is because of my baby boy. I want him to look up to me as a mother and a career business women. I want my baby to be proud of what I do and One day to realize what he want to be when he grow up.

Please check out my site at www.serenityhd.ca

The shop looks nice but to be honest, I am not sure who your target customers are. Your products are a mix of this and that but from what I saw they are not really connected or even going well together. You know, the kind of thing when you are in a real shop and they display makes you want to buy much more than just the vase just because it looks so good together with the cupboard etc.

What first caught my eye was your shipping free offer. A closer check on your prices makes me doubt that you will have to give this free shipping too often. I would need to buy too many items to reach the 500 $ minimum purchase value. I think it should be lower to be a real incentive to buy that one item more.

Next is your explanation of why you use US $ instead of Canadian. Hm. Do you do your taxes in US $ too? Check on the legal requirements if you are allowed to sell in US $ to customers in Canada. It doesn't feel right and as a customer your reason for doing this seems like an excuse for not putting in the extra effort to convert currencies.

In general I would recommend to check all your texts as there a quite a few grammar mistakes. My native language is German but phrases like

If you are a Canadian company then why is your price in US dollars?

All our products are manufactured from the United States, we purchased them in US dollars.

feel wrong, if you know what I mean. I guess it should read
If you are a Canadian company then why are your prices in US dollars? All our products are manufactured in the United States, we purchase them in US dollars.
. Things like this disturb me very much and immediately downgrade the website I'm on. Maybe it's just me but I expect a business site to be professional and that includes spelling and grammar.

Good luck with your shop,

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

The shop looks nice but to be honest, I am not sure who your target customers are. Your products are a mix of this and that but from what I saw they are not really connected or even going well together. You know, the kind of thing when you are in a real shop and they display makes you want to buy much more than just the vase just because it looks so good together with the cupboard etc.

What first caught my eye was your shipping free offer. A closer check on your prices makes me doubt that you will have to give this free shipping too often. I would need to buy too many items to reach the 500 $ minimum purchase value. I think it should be lower to be a real incentive to buy that one item more.

Next is your explanation of why you use US $ instead of Canadian. Hm. Do you do your taxes in US $ too? Check on the legal requirements if you are allowed to sell in US $ to customers in Canada. It doesn't feel right and as a customer your reason for doing this seems like an excuse for not putting in the extra effort to convert currencies.

In general I would recommend to check all your texts as there a quite a few grammar mistakes. My native language is German but phrases like feel wrong, if you know what I mean. I guess it should read . Things like this disturb me very much and immediately downgrade the website I'm on. Maybe it's just me but I expect a business site to be professional and that includes spelling and grammar.

Good luck with your shop,

abra

Thank you very much on your honest feedback . I will take your advice and change the shipping and my grammar...is there any where else that you think need to fix with grammars. I appreciated your opinion.

is there any where else that you think need to fix with grammars.

Trang, I am a native english speaker and I will be glad to go through your website and show you where to correct the grammatical errors. Send me a PM with your email address.

Cathi

Still on your FAQ page:

Our shipping schedule are Monday-Friday.
--> is
We strive to ship all orders within 2 business days (excluding weekends & holidays). However, on special seasons such as Christmas, Valentine?s Day and Mother?s Day may require additional time depends on locations.
--> not sure about "on special seasons", however, there is certainly a word missing like "shipping" or "we" before "require", "depending" on the location.
For unusual locations, we may charge additional shipping cost.
-->no comma, "an additional shipping fee"
What is your payment options
--> are
We accept Pay Pal, Credit Cards and Money Order. If you are paying by credit card your payment will be processed for pre-authorization. The orders with declined credit card on the pre-authorization:

(1) An email will be sent out to notify the customer.

(2) The order will be cancelled, until we receive the valid credit card information within 48 hours we will continue processing the order.

-->??? I can guess what you mean...
Customers who choose to pay by Money Order, your order will be shipped until we receive your payment.
--> hey, that's cool that you ship before you receive my money. It should read "will not be shipped"

Ok, you get my drift. Maybe ask someone with a good feeling for language to proof-read your texts. I am sure there are more bits and pieces that could be written clearer.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Hello everyone

Please give me some feedback about my website.

It took me a long time building this site, espeacially having a one year old baby boy crying for me. I've been working on my site for about 5 months now. I've been studying and working hard to build this site. At times I feel like I've neglected my baby boy which I have because I focuse to finish my website, I do this for my baby boy. I feel that I'm not getting support from my in-laws because I feel they are looking down at me and my husband doesn't help me much with building my site, he discourage me even more. At times it's very depressing..... and hey look!...I'm almost near finishing my websites. Now that I'm almost done...I could finally buy my husband something for his birthday with my own money and no one could look down at me because pretty soon I won't be spending my husband's money. I'll be financially independent. The reason why i want to run my own e-commerce business in the beginning is because of my baby boy. I want him to look up to me as a mother and a career business women. I want my baby to be proud of what I do and One day to realize what he want to be when he grow up.

Please check out my site at www.serenityhd.ca

Hey Trang

Well done. It is hard looking after a family & achieving something for yourself to be proud of. I too have a family & have been working hard to learn a new skill, althought I have been lucky with alot of support both from my family & here on the forum. I think you have done well & I wish you lots of luck. You have a lot to be proud of.

Julie :thumbsup:

Hey Trang

Well done. It is hard looking after a family & achieving something for yourself to be proud of. I too have a family & have been working hard to learn a new skill, althought I have been lucky with alot of support both from my family & here on the forum. I think you have done well & I wish you lots of luck. You have a lot to be proud of.

Julie :thumbsup:

Thank you Julie, I wish you all the best

Still on your FAQ page:

--> is

--> not sure about "on special seasons", however, there is certainly a word missing like "shipping" or "we" before "require", "depending" on the location.

-->no comma, "an additional shipping fee"

--> are

-->??? I can guess what you mean...

--> hey, that's cool that you ship before you receive my money. It should read "will not be shipped"

Ok, you get my drift. Maybe ask someone with a good feeling for language to proof-read your texts. I am sure there are more bits and pieces that could be written clearer.

abra

Thank you Abra I really appreciate your feedback and helped me fix my grammar. I took your advice and edit the mistakes.

Thank you so much

Trang

I'm glad if I could help you. As I said, I'm not a native speaker so for some parts I might be wrong. Anyway it's always good to have someone to proof-read as you are too involved in writing the texts in the first place.

The same applies to the product descriptions. You know what you are selling but maybe your information is not enough to get that customer to buy the product. I recently installed the supertracker contribution so that I can see a bit more about how others are using my site.

abra

Archived