• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mac OS 10.3.9 to 10.4.6 broke OSCommerce

drone99

Forgive me if this is answered somewhere else... I just couldn't figure out how to get minimal search results while finding info about this.

Ok here goes... I finally decided to upgrade my computer to 10.4 from Mac OS X 10.3.9, after careful research on most things, and noticed much shouldn't be broken on Mac OS 10.4.0 if i backup a few important directories such as /etc.

I upgraded to 10.4.0 with no problem... (At least on the parts of my website I checked.. didn't check OSCommerce though.)

After copying my httpd and mail config files... apache looked alright.

So then... 2 days ago.. I upgraded to 10.4.6 Combo Mac OS X update.... Didn't check my website till tonight, when I clicked a link from a swf based mp3 player which was supposed to go to my store.

So then... I noticed the same thing other people have noticed (Google: 10.4.4 php) http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191941

So I fix that problem by editing the php.ini file with the location of the socket file..... Now I have another problem loading OSCommerce.

When I go to my OSCommerce Page, I get....

Warning: main(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Server/poiu/oscommerce/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /Server/poiu/oscommerce/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Webserver log shows this:

192.168.1.1 - - [23/May/2006:02:11:56 -0400] "GET /poiu/OScommerce HTTP/1.1" 301 335 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/418 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/417.9.3"
192.168.1.1 - - [23/May/2006:02:11:56 -0400] "GET /poiu/OScommerce/ HTTP/1.1" 200 442 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/418 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/417.9.3"

Now, what I do is... since the built in apache server doesn't keep a php log file.. I proceed and run my test server (MAMP version 1.0.1), in hopes of catching whatever this error is in detail.

So I load up my website on port 8888 to oscommerce page.. and what do you know.... it actually loaded, like it's supposed to. So it appears it's obviously a php issue from apple. I can't seem to find any google information about fixing php by itself. Only that MySQL problem.

################################

/

So in short... What else do I need to do.. to make php work correctly on oscommerce? (and whatever else it might break on)

Hopefully enough Mac OS X users are here to help me out with this issue.

Thanks in advanced.

No idea what version of OSCommerce I'm using but the files appear to be from June 2003 - July 1st. But I guess version wont matter since it works on a test server, but not on the built in one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived