• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

special shipping options for select products

rekhis

My client offers fixed shipping cost of $6.99 (via UPS ground) when purchase price is below $65, and free shipping if purchase price is over $65. They also offer other UPS options for quicker delivery at customer's expense. I was able to provide that with table-rate, free-shipping, and UPS modules combination. But now he has requested me to add the following -

There are 10 products in his store which can "only be shipped overnight" (they are milk products). He wants if customer selects any 1 (or more) of these 10 products, only UPS overnight option is shown. Even if item description for these items states to choose overnight delivery option, customer may choose any other option and order will go through.

Is there any contribution to take care of this situation? Or any other trick to implement it?

Many Thanks

Manjeet

you could use one of the separate shipping per item contributions and modify it instead of using the separate shipping cost to flag a specific shipping carrier for the products of interest. The threshold for the free shipping should be fairly easy to implement from the free shipping. (osc admin->modules->order total->shipping.

Or you could modify the shipping module code directly and check the total of the $order global.

Archived