• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Missing Directories

blacktop

Hey all, pretty new here but so far this seems like a great solution for e-commerce.

I installed Oscommerce from a pre-installed setup package/script that my hosting company had accessible via the admin panel of my site. I do not have a Catalog directory anywhere. After reading the Post Install instructions in the knowledge base, and not having this directory, I can't change permissions on the files and directories I can't find.

Any ideas on why I don't have this directory? Also, do I have to manually remove all of the stuff in that default page to set things up in my shop or is there some blank template I can load. Thanks in advance for any help. Joe

Hey all, pretty new here but so far this seems like a great solution for e-commerce.

I installed Oscommerce from a pre-installed setup package/script that my hosting company had accessible via the admin panel of my site. I do not have a Catalog directory anywhere. After reading the Post Install instructions in the knowledge base, and not having this directory, I can't change permissions on the files and directories I can't find.

Any ideas on why I don't have this directory? Also, do I have to manually remove all of the stuff in that default page to set things up in my shop or is there some blank template I can load. Thanks in advance for any help. Joe

You may have osC installed in the root instead of the /catalog dir. which is fine, in fact better in the long run.

if you see your store when you type www.yourdomain.com then osC has probably been installed in the root (unless you've set up a re-direct) and as long as everything's working there's nothing to worry about!

If this is the case just bear it in mind when following contrib install instructions

Archived