• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I test if the whole thing work?

a1ex

You need to place an order. How you do that depends upon the module. For the cc module, you just need to place an order. For Paypal IPN (or regular paypal), you need to have someone else do it since you can't order from your own account. There is a way to test it without that but it is a lot of work to test a single account. The modules like authorize.net, you can place the order but be sure to cancel it later on that service, unless you don't care about the charge going through.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You get a test account with most CC and paypal has a sandbox for testing. Once your happy with that you can run a couple of for real/live transactions through them and just hit refund afterwards.

After you receive the payment in paypal, you can refund the amount. Just click on DETAILS for that transaction, and at the bottom, it has a link for refunding the money. Just make sure you note it's a TEST so you remember to refund it haha.

That seems to be the best way for testing. Sandbox testing is a pain since you have to create false accounts...

Good luck!

Thats very true.

Also, I kept fogeting to sign into sandbox before running a test. That get anoying after a while too.

Thats very true.

Also, I kept fogeting to sign into sandbox before running a test. That get anoying after a while too.

Sandbox never worked for me since I couldn't make an account that had WPP active (where's the fake SSN ? I even tried my real one and it was rejected lol). I decided to test live after everyone in Dynamo's thread was confused by my posts. It worked fine when live.

So yea... live testing with your personal card is better than sandbox testing w/ a fake card. =P

Archived