• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

default language currency

jevinder

i have set up my default language as english and added a currency gbp and set that as default. i have also set the 'switch to default language currency' value in admin to true.

now i can select the gbp currency on each page so prices display in gbp, but when i select a product - the description and price which opens up in the new page display in usd

is it because the default language, which is english, means that the currency associated with english is used (which is usd, and not gbp). for example if i chose spanish or german, prices display in euro, but when i chose english, prices display in usd.

how do i get around this?

i have set up my default language as english and added a currency gbp and set that as default. i have also set the 'switch to default language currency' value in admin to true.

now i can select the gbp currency on each page so prices display in gbp, but when i select a product - the description and price which opens up in the new page display in usd

is it because the default language, which is english, means that the currency associated with english is used (which is usd, and not gbp). for example if i chose spanish or german, prices display in euro, but when i chose english, prices display in usd.

how do i get around this?

You need to amend your english.php file - fairly at the beginning, there's a currency setting. If you do not use US$ you should also delete it from your admin backend as currency. Personally, I'd also recommend to set the automatic currency detection in admin to false as not every english language speaker necessarily lives in the UK. All the best, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

In catalog/includes/languages/english.php

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

to:

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'GBP');

The_Bear

In catalog/includes/languages/english.php

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

to:

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'GBP');

The_Bear

Thanks

if i could have an option for using usd as well as gbp it would be useful. is it possible to have a us-english language (with the american flag as a logo) so that us dollars could be selected, as well as the english language which would now be adjusted to gbp. is it just a matter of copying the files and renaming some of them and changing some variables? if so, then its possible canadian dollars and australian dollars could also be added with their respective flags?

Thanks

if i could have an option for using usd as well as gbp it would be useful. is it possible to have a us-english language (with the american flag as a logo) so that us dollars could be selected, as well as the english language which would now be adjusted to gbp. is it just a matter of copying the files and renaming some of them and changing some variables? if so, then its possible canadian dollars and australian dollars could also be added with their respective flags?

i copied the includes/languages/english folder and called it usenglish. also copied the english.php file and called it usenglish.php. i added an american flag icon in the includes/languages/usenglish/images folder. (dreamweaver automatically changed other necessary links within the files.

i set the set default language currency to off. i installed the new language - defined it as 'us' not 'en' - i also changed that in the usenglish.php file.

had to alter the date format in the original english.php files so that dates display in the uk format when the uk english is selected. wheras when the us english is selected, dates display in the american format.

everything is now running perfectly - users can now chose to display uk english with pounds sterling as currency, us english with dollars as currency, a well as german and spanish with euro currency. and even tho the default is uk english pounds sterling, users can just select another language, and then everything is displayed in that language and currency from then on.

may also add canadian and australian in the future. does anyone have any thoughts?

also as i only know english, when i update pages and products in english i can't add the changes to other languages texts. does anyone have any ideas - language translators, etc?

Archived