• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Few questions

Nekusagi

First of all sorry for asking instead of searching, but, Im a bit sick today.

My questions are:

1) Can I post stuff like documents and etc and link them? Like in 'Privacy Notice' link.

2) Does it allow monthly prices updates? Does it protect the values? Example, let's suppose that this month the price increased 10 bucks, do the sells already made change?

3) I want use it to a personal shop, so, can I manually add sells and clients? Dispite of them logging in my site?

4) Im a php programmer but, as I said, Im not in a good day to think. So, is it possible to make a community product/price list? Like, 1 main shop with 10 sub-shops. The main shop add like 100 products, with price included, and the subshops sells it 'separatedly'. Something like this.

Thanks for the attention, gotta rest a bit. cya

Hi Nekusagi,

Some of the terms you are using in your questions are ambigous, but I'll try to answer them to the best of my understanding.

1) Can I post stuff like documents and etc and link them? Like in 'Privacy Notice' link.

The links in the information box can be found in includes/boxes/information.php. There you can link to any document or page you like.

2) Does it allow monthly prices updates? Does it protect the values? Example, let's suppose that this month the price increased 10 bucks, do the sells already made change?

Past orders are stored separately in the database, i.e. if you change a product's price this won't affect the order in the customer's order history.

Monthly price updates are not a standard feature in osCommerce. But this could be done easily using one single MySQL query.

3) I want use it to a personal shop, so, can I manually add sells and clients? Dispite of them logging in my site?

I do not understand this question.

4) Im a php programmer but, as I said, Im not in a good day to think. So, is it possible to make a community product/price list? Like, 1 main shop with 10 sub-shops. The main shop add like 100 products, with price included, and the subshops sells it 'separatedly'. Something like this.

You are talking about a reseller shop system. That's not a standard feature either, but of course it can be coded if you know how osCommerce is built. This would require that you learn the different classes, methods (functions) and the over all file structure.

Very often you will find a suitable contribution (module) for your extra needs - sometimes you'll have to modify those contributions and in the case of a reseller shop you might need to start from scratch ;)

Cheers,

Nick

Archived