• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newbe here, needs help with following warning

fz6yamaha

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody might know how to set the permissions for this file (configure.php), I could not find a way of doing it.

Also I was trying to secure my administration tool and the only way I found was protecting the admin folder on the domain control panel, also I needed to know how important is the folder "install" after the install is completed, by mistake I deleted after I finished the install, I was wondering, do I need it back, show I start from scratch, should not I worry about it?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/ciccompu/www/www/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody might know how to set the permissions for this file (configure.php), I could not find a way of doing it.

Also I was trying to secure my administration tool and the only way I found was protecting the admin folder on the domain control panel, also I needed to know how important is the folder "install" after the install is completed, by mistake I deleted after I finished the install, I was wondering, do I need it back, show I start from scratch, should not I worry about it?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/ciccompu/www/www/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file

Hello fz6yamaha,

You will need to change the permissions of your catalog/includes/configure.php file.

How you can do this will depend on what hosting environment you have and/or what FTP Client you have. Via the "domain control panel" you mentioned above, it is likely there is a way to.

Here is a link to a CHMOD Tutorial (Not that it's necessary to read a tutorial - It is simple to do - Just in case your curious some).

The install folder should be removed.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived