• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

problem with mail

Alex1

Hi all, i have a big problem with my oscommerce. When someone makes an order no mail was sent to me.

All other email (account notification, order confirm mail to customers, etc) work well. How i can solve?

Put your email address into the "Send Extra Order Emails To" section in your osCommerce admin panel, under My Store.

Vger

If you already have an address in the Send Extra Email field, but are not receiving the order confirmation, maybe I have an answer for you.

I have had my store up and runnig for 10 weeks. This week, we moved to hosted Gmail. So the email for the domain my shop is on is now hosted by Gmail. Having Gmail for our domain name is good, but it meant I stopped receiving email order confirmations.

I tried changing the Send Extra Order Emails to a different Gmail hosted address but it made no difference. When I changed to a different address, it worked fine again.

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
If you already have an address in the Send Extra Email field, but are not receiving the order confirmation, maybe I have an answer for you.

I have had my store up and runnig for 10 weeks. This week, we moved to hosted Gmail. So the email for the domain my shop is on is now hosted by Gmail. Having Gmail for our domain name is good, but it meant I stopped receiving email order confirmations.

I tried changing the Send Extra Order Emails to a different Gmail hosted address but it made no difference. When I changed to a different address, it worked fine again.

Hope this helps!

one more thing i just realised. if you are using an enmail address in you store configuration which is hosted by gmail, and you use the enhanced contact us page with the email form, you will not receve any emails! Gmail hosted uses encryption which osc does not support out of the box.

We just learnt this the hard way by mnot receiving a month of contact emails from potential customers.

Archived