• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I change the british money symbol to american dollar symbol

I woke up this morning to find that my prices on my site looked like this ?3.50, with the british (I think) symbol in front of the dollars. I don't know what I did???? :'( I want the price displayed to be in dollars, $3.50. Yikes! Can someone tell me how to change that???

Thanks,

Sandy

I woke up this morning to find that my prices on my site looked like this ?3.50, with the british (I think) symbol in front of the dollars. I don't know what I did???? :'( I want the price displayed to be in dollars, $3.50. Yikes! Can someone tell me how to change that???

Thanks,

Sandy

Please someone help!

I KNOW I didn't change this - what happened? I went to admin and Pounds was selected as a default? So I changed it back to US dollars (don't know how it got set as default to pounds in the first place, it was right before) Now after I set US dollars to default and "update currencies" I get this:

The exchange rate for US Dollar (USD) was updated successfully via oanda.

The exchange rate for Euro (EUR) was updated successfully via oanda.

Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for Pound (POU) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.

Error: The exchange rate for Pound (POU) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?

PLEASE HELP!

The code for the pound is GBP not POU.

Okay, but how do I fix it? I'm about ready to start crying!

Thanks Sandy

Okay, but how do I fix it? I'm about ready to start crying!

Thanks Sandy

Do you actually want to have GBP currency on your site? If not just delete it. If so, go into the currencies and click on the United Kingdom Pound and click edit and change POU to GBP.

Do you actually want to have GBP currency on your site? If not just delete it. If so, go into the currencies and click on the United Kingdom Pound and click edit and change POU to GBP.

I want US Dollars. I'm Pretty Green, so please bear with me. I went to admin, localization, currencies, and set us dollars to default, but it's not changing it?

Sandy

I want US Dollars. I'm Pretty Green, so please bear with me. I went to admin, localization, currencies, and set us dollars to default, but it's not changing it?

Sandy

Did you click update currencies? If not, do that. Also, in admin go to configuration, my store. set 'switch to default language currency' to true.

And if you don't want GBP, delete it.. go into currencies again click on UK and click delete.

Make sure you refresh the page when you are checking whether it works. (on your catalog pages)

Did you click update currencies? If not, do that. Also, in admin go to configuration, my store. set 'switch to default language currency' to true.

And if you don't want GBP, delete it.. go into currencies again click on UK and click delete.

Make sure you refresh the page when you are checking whether it works. (on your catalog pages)

Dear lord!!!! that worked!!! thank you thank you!!!! Here's the killer - I don't think I ever touched that and changed true to false!!!! I haven't even been working on it for 36 hours or so, and I obviously noticed it changed when my last order came in (it was doing US dollars before).

Is it possible that someone "hacked", got in my admin and changed it? I've seen some stuff in the forums on hacking. I'm just absolutely baffled at why and how that got changed, could the whole osc thing just freak out and do that change randomly?

Thanks again!

Sandy

Dear lord!!!! that worked!!! thank you thank you!!!! Here's the killer - I don't think I ever touched that and changed true to false!!!! I haven't even been working on it for 36 hours or so, and I obviously noticed it changed when my last order came in (it was doing US dollars before).

Is it possible that someone "hacked", got in my admin and changed it? I've seen some stuff in the forums on hacking. I'm just absolutely baffled at why and how that got changed, could the whole osc thing just freak out and do that change randomly?

Thanks again!

Sandy

Can't think of a reason why it would have changed from USD to GBP - perhaps the currency box is on your live site somewhere? You don't always need to set that option to true in 'my store'. I don't think anyone would bother hacking into your site just to change the currency though! Good luck.

Can't think of a reason why it would have changed from USD to GBP - perhaps the currency box is on your live site somewhere? You don't always need to set that option to true in 'my store'. I don't think anyone would bother hacking into your site just to change the currency though! Good luck.

Ahh! "perhaps the currency box is on your live site somewhere?"

Thanks so much for your help! I'll look into that!

Have a great day!

Sandy ;)

Open your includes/languages/english.php file in a text editor and on line 39, make sure it is set so:

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

Thank you Peter! I checked, and it is but I think I fixed the problem through the admin in "my Store" by changing the "Switch to Default Language Currency" to true.

However, it's the most bizarre thing! The site WAS showing US Dollars 24 hours before I noticed that the site was displaying things in pounds! Wild! I didn't touch anything, it just changed!

Thanks for all your help (just now got back to the computer - and am now going to bed!) Didn't mean to take so long to Thank you for your time and help!

Sandy

Archived