• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Page width - another problem

Lao

I used Vger's "Fixed Width Site With CSS", but one of the pages shows like in the picture.

What can I do to make the site look the same on every page (the way I set the width) and the right column to stay in one place?

Thanks in advance for answering.

image13gm.th.jpg

Sorry for my bad english language!

I used Vger's "Fixed Width Site With CSS", but one of the pages shows like in the picture.

What can I do to make the site look the same on every page (the way I set the width) and the right column to stay in one place?

Thanks in advance for answering.

image13gm.th.jpg

This could be because of two things

1. the scratched out text that you have on the first line, is increasing the space of the products box which in turn is pushing the right column beyond the window boundaries.

2. the image with three machines in it is also widening the width of the middle column which could also be responsible for pushing the right column beyond the set boundaries.

try removing these two items to see if you get the look the way you want it, or for the first line, put the second price(the one in white) below the one that is struck off, thus decreasing the width.

As for the image, try using one with a single machine in it to see if this reduces the width.

I don't think anything else could be causing such a problem.

- vazash

Thanks, but can I make the Products box have a stable width? That's what I'm interested in.

change the catalog\includes\modules\product_listing.php

from this

$lc_text = ' <s>' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';

to this

$lc_text = ' <s>' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br>span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';

Still not working right. The right column goes beyond the right border, exiting the page and forcing the browser to add a navigation bar at the bottom.

did you try to adjust the width of the fixcenter class in your css? Increase it to test at which point the outer page frame can include everything on all pages. I think the default is in the 720px or somewhere there. Remember the box width is located in application_top.php default to 125px. So using left/right navs takes of 250px from the total leaving you with around 500px effective width for the main page section.

I did something else and I think I'll stick with it for a while: I moved all the contents of the right_column to the left_column. It looks pretty cool. This way remains enough widht for the main box. At least for a while it will remain this way. Thanks!

Archived