• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL certificate

niblet

Hi, installed my OSC thingy today, struggled a bit but finally getting there.

Although my hosting company says I can easily swithc on SSL I noticed some certificate error when accessing the SSL section of OSC.

Sniffing around I found something that says "If you choose SSL during installation..."

I'd like to just leave the SSL bit when the customer reaches the actual CC company, I don't really need it on my site and would be more than happy to switch off this SSL thingy rather than display an error.

Any idea how I do that or do I have to delete the entire installation and start again?

N.

Also, talking of such things, is there any way of testing the download element without actually buying something from myself? I'm fairly sure it is all set up OK, I only have 2 products and *eventually* got it to offer download as the (only) option - but seemed to have mutliple duplicate products and catagories without products, products without catagories and all sorts of silliness for awhile so am not as confident as I might be that the thing actually works - came here for some re-assurance and see a lot of mails where people have found it didn't work for them. So short of actually buying something from one paypal email address with another paypal email address from the same account, and possibly getting my account frozen by the lovely people at paypal, how do I test it?

N.

Archived