• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't see the download link at anywhere

smithveg

First of all i add my images and the images was save in /../catalog/images

I have also paste all the images file in /../catalog/download and /../catalog/pub

I also set the download URL at the moment i add products as www.mysite.com/download/item.jpg

When i try to add an item to cart and checkout, i can't see any download link was present in either 4 checkout step.

what is the GZip compression, is that related to this problem?

:huh:

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

smithveg

Hello World! ^.^ I'm a Internet naive. Browse my working profile

Malaysia Web Services - OPerion Website Marketing System

Are you selling images as downloads? If so, you need to use the Downloads Controller option in your shop. You wll need to set the product you want to download with an attribute and set the download location there.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Are you selling images as downloads? If so, you need to use the Downloads Controller option in your shop. You wll need to set the product you want to download with an attribute and set the download location there.

Jack

Ya, I was going to sell images as downloads (there are free downloads and paid downloads).

I'm not sure what is Downloads Controller.

I have set the admin->configuration->download into true, true, 3, 3

I have also set the downloads file 'filename' in products attributes '01.jpg' and this images was located in /../public_html/download

I have also set the pub and download directory to 777 as mentioned in documentation.

I still cannot see the downloads link appear...

Why? Jack.

You have to set up a download attribute for it. Take a look at this page for instructions (disregard the image - it won't look like yours).

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to set up a download attribute for it. Take a look at this page for instructions (disregard the image - it won't look like yours).

Jack

Jack,

I have followed all the step.. i had also set the 'Download by Redirect' to false since i'm using windows

I have set the pub to 777 and download 755...

i have copy my image flower.jpg to download directory...

the configure.php remain the same and no changes

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

i'm going access my page as www.mypewter.com/catalog

then the product url i set as www.mypewter.com/catalog/download/flower.jpg (without http://)

The print screen below is taken when checkout... i can't see any download link here...

But after the checkout third step... it bring me to www.2CheckOut.com page... to make payment already...

test4ek.th.jpg

test5as.th.jpg

test5pm.th.jpg

Can you help me jack !

I have also downloaded the "DownloadsController_v5_0.zip"...and try to used it...

it still give me problem... when i go to customers->order

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_array_merge() in C:\web\tropical\admin\orders.php on line 361

help me jack ! :(

ok ! i have fixed this Fatal Error by changing the tep_array_merge() to array_merge(). i have no error in admin sites now.

The i do the testing... i buy an $0.00 product with 0.00 weight... it show me free shipping message...

By now, how can i get the download link?

When i click 'confirm order' in checkout's third step... it give me many many mysql database error...

Do should i do in database?

I just followed the download controller documentation... it never guide me to do any modification in database...

can somebody tell me what's going on?

If you feel free... can test it from my sites o not...thankk you

www.mypewter.com/catalog

1054 - Unknown column 'comments' in 'field list'

insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, last_modified, orders_status, comments, currency, currency_value) values ('4', 'smithveg smithveg', 'smithveg', 'smithveg', 'smithveg', 'smithveg', 'smithveg', 'Singapore, Malaysia', 'Malaysia', '0124040404', '[email protected]', '1', 'smithveg smithveg', 'smithveg', 'smithveg', 'smithveg', 'smithveg', 'smithveg', 'Singapore, Malaysia', 'Malaysia', '1', 'smithveg smithveg', 'smithveg', 'smithveg', 'smithveg', 'smithveg', 'smithveg', 'Singapore, Malaysia', 'Malaysia', '1', 'The WebMakers Corner FREE CHARGE CARD', '', '', '', '', now(), now(), '3', '', 'USD', '1.00000000')

Hello Jack...

I'm so confuse to that modules... after the customer make payment... how i know the download link was send to them? the download link is send be e-mail or what?

Help me, Jack :'(

smithveg

First off, the above database error doesn't have anything to do with the downloads controller. It seems there is some other problem in your shop. But when a product is set up correctly to be downloaded, the link to the download in admin->product attributes will marked as good. If it isn't, then you have made a mistake setting it up. Once it is set up and working, the customer can download the link if the payment is made. Depending upon the settings and payment methods, he will be given a link on checkout success or it will be in his account after being approved.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

First off, the above database error doesn't have anything to do with the downloads controller. It seems there is some other problem in your shop. But when a product is set up correctly to be downloaded, the link to the download in admin->product attributes will marked as good. If it isn't, then you have made a mistake setting it up. Once it is set up and working, the customer can download the link if the payment is made. Depending upon the settings and payment methods, he will be given a link on checkout success or it will be in his account after being approved.

Jack

Hello Jack,

It seems eveyting worked well.

When i try to add one item to cart and checkout to start download. It's no problem. Still ok.

When i come to purchase 2 or 3 items or more. It will change the quantity of second items, third items and so on... to -1

So, the product status will change to inactivate and the product was disappear from catalog's main page.

Do you know why can this problem occur.

Thannk for your helps again.

Archived