• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Homepage products/items

multikulti

Guys, I am a new-comer to oscommerce and I don't really know much in programming languages, not to mention php but I can definitely follow instructions to a T. My website is at www.multikulti.us and I sell world and electronic music. It's just that to make my hoepage more enticing, I need to constantly have titles that are most interesting to my potential customers and not just the titles I have only just entered. So, help me on how to go about this, since the survival of my business will depend on this.

Meaning, after I have finished a new batch of entries, I can immediately substitute those visible on the home page to those I would really want people to look at.

I humbly await any helpful response.

Thanks,

multikulti

Guys, I am a new-comer to oscommerce and I don't really know much in programming languages, not to mention php but I can definitely follow instructions to a T. My website is at www.multikulti.us and I sell world and electronic music. It's just that to make my hoepage more enticing, I need to constantly have titles that are most interesting to my potential customers and not just the titles I have only just entered. So, help me on how to go about this, since the survival of my business will depend on this.

Meaning, after I have finished a new batch of entries, I can immediately substitute those visible on the home page to those I would really want people to look at.

I humbly await any helpful response.

Thanks,

multikulti

Wish I could help you multikulti.......but I am interested on the feedback of this too!

I also have the same issue. I would like to randomly display products on my homepage, not necessarily the last items I have submitted. I also have 'New Products' dispalying under my main categories, and the problem I have here is that sometimes when I enter a new product it can be placed under 1-3 different categories. So then the products image is also displayed 1-3 times in the 'New Product' category....to me it doesnt look that great!! You can have a look at my shop here to see what I mean http://www.bellabreegifts.com.au/shop/

Any ideas on how to change this would be greatly appreciated :)

Jason, thanks for the info. I however still have the problem because the developer that helped me with customizing my template removed that module from my easy access Admin, so I may need to locate and re-install from the php data files, which I am not yet confident about.

Can you help?

I doubt he removed it as it's not part of the default OSC install...? The Featured Products mod only takes 15-20 mins and is mostly all new files (and a few edits to existing ones). The readme file that comes with the mod gives clear, detailed instructions. Make sure you backup your files and your db before you start.

Archived