• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newbie to OScommerce

newhomegadgets

Hi all,

I would like to built an online store, and just wonder what's the procedure and requirement?

it says "osCommerce can be installed on any server where a web server with PHP has been installed on and has access to a MySQL database server."

So any web hosting supports PHP and MySQL will be able to be hosted? Is there any free web hosting provides the required service? so that I can test it before i paid for the service?

I don't know of any that offer a free period, for checking purposes. There are those that offer no contract, on a month to month basis.

If you want to play with osC before getting a host, you can easily set up a local server by downloading an Apache/PHP/MySql/phpMyAdmin installer, then downloading and installing osC onto your local machine.

Google for WAMP5 or XAMPP for the installer and the above Solutions link for osCommerce.

I don't know of any that offer a free period, for checking purposes. There are those that offer no contract, on a month to month basis.

If you want to play with osC before getting a host, you can easily set up a local server by downloading an Apache/PHP/MySql/phpMyAdmin installer, then downloading and installing osC onto your local machine.

Google for WAMP5 or XAMPP for the installer and the above Solutions link for osCommerce.

That's a good idea.. also.. i was browsing thru godaddy..

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/shar...p?se=%2B&ci=260

it says it supports 10 MySQL Databases, is it going to be compatible to OScommerce? what is the benefit of having more than 10 MySQL Databases? what is MySQL database?

Archived