• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP Installing osC Affiliate Alpha 1.0

derk

Hello,

Im new at all this, so please bare with me.

I have just installed the latest version of the OS shopping cart and it installed and works fine.

I want to add an affiliate program so I downloaded osC Affiliate Alpha 1.0 from the contributions 158.

I uploaded all the files as per the instructions and changed the pages with the database info, the problem Im having is that in the instructions they state to find file:

ADMIN ALTERATIONS

In checkout_payment.php in the admin directory find line 50 approx

array('title' => REPORTS_ORDERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=reports')))),

and on a new line add this after it:

array('title' => BOX_HEADING_AFFILIATE,

'image' => 'affiliate.gif',

'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE, 'selected_box=affiliate'),

'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE_SALES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_SALES, 'selected_box=affiliate')),

array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE_CLICKS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_CLICKS, 'selected_box=affiliate')))),

My problem is I can't find this line in the above file, nor is the checkout_payment.php file in the folder where the instructions state it should be "admin". I can find a file named checkout_payment.php in the catalog folder. So I can't change the file.

Am I doing something wrong here? Perhaps this affiliate file that I downloaded is for an older verison, what do I do?

Thank you :blink:

I followed the instructions by uploading the files, also making the changes to the needed pages.

I get this error when I go to my Admin panel:

1146 - Table 'db163520051.affiliate_sales' doesn't exist

select count(*) as count, sum(affiliate_value) as total, sum(affiliate_payment) as payment from affiliate_sales

1. Do I use the existing database for the shopping cart that is already working for the affiliate program?

2. Do I need to open a new database?

3. Where do I name the database and make these changes if needed?

OR, what am I doing wrong here?

Thank you

It's a part of the install that you have to run an sql file (provided) into your database via phpMyAdmin - to add extra tables for the affiliate system.

Vger

Vger,

Thank YOU very much for your time and help, while it still took some searching to figure out exactly what you were talking about I was able to get it to work.

Little steps at a time and learning the basics make it easier for us newbies. For example I did not know how to insert a table into mySQL, my server has an interface for SQL where I could point to the provided file and upload it.

Figuring out how to make it all work is half the fun...

THANK YOU AGAIN, great place, people and product... :thumbsup:

Archived