• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Selling domain names on osc and script needed

does anyone know of a good script to use in MS2 that enables realtime searches of domain names for web host company

many thanks

J

does anyone know of a good script to use in MS2 that enables realtime searches of domain names for web host company

many thanks

J

There must be some contribution out there that i can offer my client to install which will allow his customers to type a domain they would like into the search box and see what url's are available for purchase?

After all, most other hosting websites can offer this!

Thank you in advance

you have to find such a search domain service like whois, first and then simply implement a search mechanism pretty much like you see with sites having a major search engine input box. It's way too simple and yet too specific to see a contribution about it.

you have to find such a search domain service like whois, first and then simply implement a search mechanism pretty much like you see with sites having a major search engine input box. It's way too simple and yet too specific to see a contribution about it.

Enigma

Thanks for your reply

If it's 'SO SIMPLE' perhaps you wouldn't mind explaining Exactly how you would do it and point to a script that works without conflict with oscommerce

Thank you so much

well I can give you a similar example say I wanted to use a major search engine for my find box instead of the osc advanced search then I just setup the url for the keywords:

http://the_search_engine_url/search?hl=en&q="the keywords"

now I could get the results from the search engine that's the simple part. The major thing you need is to find a site that provides the whois service with some documentation how to integrate the parameters into your site. (ie the submit form parameters - the specific part)

Once you have the specifics for such a service you create your submit form, pretty much like osc does for the payment gateways for instance but instead you get the results back immediately. I am sure there must be some providers who offer such service remotely.

well I can give you a similar example say I wanted to use a major search engine for my find box instead of the osc advanced search then I just setup the url for the keywords:

http://the_search_engine_url/search?hl=en&q="the keywords"

now I could get the results from the search engine that's the simple part. The major thing you need is to find a site that provides the whois service with some documentation how to integrate the parameters into your site. (ie the submit form parameters - the specific part)

Once you have the specifics for such a service you create your submit form, pretty much like osc does for the payment gateways for instance but instead you get the results back immediately. I am sure there must be some providers who offer such service remotely.

mmmmm, maybe not as 'Easy' as first mentioned then!

ok, cheers

Archived