• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How does payment work

dragon2309

Hey everyone, im new to this, but have got my head around most aspects of oscommerce. Just one thing has got me puzzled, i currently have the credit card payment module installed and activated, so customers can checkout and select/enter their card details. But what im confused about is how i would then recieve this money that they are sending... Where does it get sent....??

This si probably a reall dumb question, but im a bit confused, any explanantion, i do have a paypal business account if that is needed... any dieas??

Thanks, draogn2309 :)

ok, i read throught that but thats not what i want, i dont have a machine or anything to put credit card numbers into. Is there nothing that does an immediate transfer kinda thing, where they enter their credit card details in and some system somewhere processes it all and dumps the amount paid into my account (bank or paypal)..??

Thanks for the reply, dragon2309 :)

right - so you need to uninstall that module then. If you have a PayPal biz account then install the PayPal module and insert your details.

If you have an online merchant account you will need to set up an account with a payment gateway (Authorize.net is the standard one). They will give you a login ID and a transaction key. Insert these into the A.net OSC module. You will then be able to accept credit cards online and funds will be deposited directly into your account (after they have cleared of course)

Archived