• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP PLEASE !

wequick

Help please !!

I just tried to modify the catalog/includes/configure.php file as to my host's suggestions (Netfirms)

I saved the file somewhere new as not to mess with the original file in case something went wrong (always do to be sure)

Well , my modifications didn't work and when I re-uploaded the original file, my store started to show this warning on top...

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /mnt/web_y/d18/s01/b026a997/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Any help would be very appreciated ... I'm a noob, but more or less have an idea what I'm doing ..

Pete

all you need to do is change the chmodd settings--it must be at 777 right now, make it 444 or whatever your host recommends--not to worry, this is an easy one

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Ok... I'm a noob who just underwent a major stress attack ...my mind is just rebooting ... could you please tell me where to change that setting ?

Thanks for the help ... feeling more relaxed already ..

ok .. figured it out.. thanks ...

Is it possible that my FTP program made the permissions change happen ?

some FTP tools do allow.

else use file manager( websitre control anel )or place a code that had chmod setting code for the configure file.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived