• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

login problem

bender12

Hi everyone, new to oscommerce. I'm a having a problem with customer account logins. This error comes up when a customer tries to log in :

1054 - Unknown column 'member_level' in 'field list'

select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, member_level from customers where customers_email_address = '[email protected]'

[TEP STOP]

I don't know any php but below is the section where the above lines come up in login.php

// Check if email exists
$check_customer_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, member_level  from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "'");
if (!tep_db_num_rows($check_customer_query)) {
  $error = true;
} else {
	$check_customer = tep_db_fetch_array($check_customer_query);

Any help is appreciated.

Seems that you have a contribution half installed or half uninstalled. The member_level field is not a normal part of this table, and the code is complaining that the member_level field doesn't exist.

If you're trying to install a contribution, or just did, then not all (any?) of the SQL commands were entered.

If it's leftover from a contribution uninstallation, just change this:

$check_customer_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, member_level  from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "'");

to this:

$check_customer_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id  from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "'");

-jared

Thanks for the reply Jcall. I actually replaced those codes but it gives me another error. I eventually replaced the file with another one from another a clean installation of oscommerce. It works now but I hope it's not gonna affect thing else. :(

Archived