• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with combining files?

Hi,

I receive a .csv file from my supplier on a daily basis that states all their products (model numbers, descriptions etc) and the current quantity available.

My file is some what diluted from their 5000 product database and i was wondering how i can extract the relevant stock levels from the products that i display only???

I'm pretty sure that this is possible via Access, however, i have no idea how to go about this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

both files have a common field being the model number.

Mant Thanks

D4

Generally you need to make up a custom file reader, which would use both the DB and the file and perform the updates to the DB. Since the files fields are most likely different, then say EP, this script will have to be developed to specifically meet your needs.

cheers,

Peter M.

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

surely not,

all i want to ask access or whatever, is to extract the products from the suppliers master file which relate to my easypopulate file via the model number.

With the new suppliers file now diluted i would manually add the stock levels to my easypopulate file simply by sorting both files by model number ascending???

p.s I would now like to extact another column from the suppliers file, due date.

Many Thanks

D4

Edited by d4funky1