• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

notifications box

Cathi

I want my product notifications box to appear on all pages. Right now, it only appears on the product detail page. I don't understand why, because the other boxes that I'm calling in the same command do appear on all the pages. :blink:

I even tried writing it as a require statement, but that didn't work either. Am I calling the wrong box? I want the one that says "notify me when this product is updated" (except, mine says something else)

This is my column_right.php file.

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 8) != 'checkout') {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'product_notifications.php');

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tell_a_friend.php');

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

}

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'paypal.php');

What could I be doing wrong?

Cathi

It's probably because there are no product notifications in the table. I think you need a different box where a customer can sign in for new notifications. The default product_notifications.php only shows for a logged customer the notifications he already selected from successfully placed orders.

It's probably because there are no product notifications in the table. I think you need a different box where a customer can sign in for new notifications. The default product_notifications.php only shows for a logged customer the notifications he already selected from successfully placed orders.

I see what you mean, there should be two boxes, one for logged visitors that says "stop notifying me", and one for unlogged visitors that says "notify me", (or at least I see one when I'm browsing unlogged, but only on the product detail page).

My products themselves would never update, I want people to be able to ask for updates when the store receives new items, and it would be nice if they knew they could do that without having to click on a product first.

I'll be darned if I can find the box I want anywhere in the file. What else could it be called?

Cathi

PS...I would just make a new box, except that then it will show twice on the product detail page, because I don't know where this other box is coming from.

• 3 months later...

Archived