• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can I create a link from menu to "specials.php" page?

BuddahBoy

I was having a look around earlier today for some help on the specials (in my case, how to upload lots in one go like with EP) and I noticed there were a couple of contributions that add a Specials category. Have you had a look at those to see if they do what you want?

:)

Thanks Deena but the one that sounded just right (specials_category) doesn't give enough info for someone like to place the code as I have modded files already. I can't go by line numbers and am not proficient enough in php to identify the correct placing - for example, here is part of the file:

At line 15 immediately after:

require('includes/application_top.php');

add:

// Flag for SPECIALS category - change this number to your specials category id number

if ($cPath == 30) { change 30 to xx from your URL

$AHspecials = 1;

}

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Step 3:

at about line 186 immediately after

{ else }

add:

if ($AHspecials == 1) {

// We show all specials

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, pd.short_desc, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where s.status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p.products_id = s.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";

} else {

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Step 4:

at about line 199 immediately after

}

}

add:

}

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I did look more and don't find something else

Thanks for the feedback though

Ron

In the alternative, is there another way to do it?

As you've added a new category for this it will have a cPath of its own. Look at it in osC admin, do a mouseover and you'll see the Category number. You then create a link like this:

<a href="index.php?cPath=52">Specials"</a> and add it to somewhere like the header.php file.

Vger

Archived