• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

DESPERATE! I get an error about checkout_shipping.php line 404

Deren

Hi there,

If you could spare literally a few minutes trying to help, I'd really appreciate it. I've had this problem for about 3 days, and still can't figure it out....usually I spend ages trying to do things myself, and as a last resort come and seek help from you guys, the pro's.

So here goes, and I apologise in advance if this is a really easy problem to figure out, I just can't do it.

I get this error, everytime I add something to my shopping basket, Submit, and proceed to checkout:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/public_html/checkout_shipping.php on line 404

Whatever I do, I cannot get to the checkout on the website.

Why is this? Also, a little confused, the php file for checkout_shipping does not contain anywhere near 404 lines (more like 35). I have a few sites that all run properly using this; I have even compared the script line-for-line on all my other sites, and cannot figure this out..

Please please please, and suggestions are appreciated.

Regards.

Unfortunately I'm no pro.. however my checkout_shipping.php has more than 404 lines (I have added a few contributions but not that many!). Have you tried uploading the fresh checkout_shipping.php file from the original download just to see if it works? (obviously backup your files). What contribs have you added?

Unfortunately I'm no pro.. however my checkout_shipping.php has more than 404 lines (I have added a few contributions but not that many!). Have you tried uploading the fresh checkout_shipping.php file from the original download just to see if it works? (obviously backup your files). What contribs have you added?

Hi there,

Yes I've used the original files from my previous sites, and they seem to be working fine; I also uploaded a new one also, hoping that may be the last one got corrupted slightly, but nope, still doesn't work. I then compared them like for like checking for syntax errors or shifts, but can't find any.

I haven't added any contributions, and so there are still about 35 lines, and yet if the other site works fine then surely this should too?? It's a duplicate of all the files.

Hmmm....really need to sort this problem out asap...sorry about all this.

the default osCommerce solution checkout_shipping.php file has 452 lines

are you possibly confusing with the languages file as it has 31 lines

This is the languages/english/checkout_shipping.php file from a default download set.

<?php
/*
 $Id: checkout_shipping.php,v 1.3 2003/02/06 17:38:16 thomasamoulton Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE_1', 'Checkout');
define('NAVBAR_TITLE_2', 'Shipping Method');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Delivery Information');

define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'Shipping Address');
define('TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_DESTINATION', 'Please choose from your address book where you would like the items to be delivered to.');
define('TITLE_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'Shipping Address:');

define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Shipping Method');
define('TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.');
define('TITLE_PLEASE_SELECT', 'Please Select');
define('TEXT_ENTER_SHIPPING_INFORMATION', 'This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.');

define('TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS', 'Add Comments About Your Order');

define('TITLE_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE', 'Continue Checkout Procedure');
define('TEXT_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE', 'to select the preferred payment method.');
?>

Go to the downloads section http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads and download the complete solution as this will give you a default file backup set.

Then backup your file and replace with the one from the default download set or use it to compare against your file

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

the default osCommerce solution checkout_shipping.php file has 452 lines

are you possibly confusing with the languages file as it has 31 lines

This is the languages/english/checkout_shipping.php file from a default download set.

<?php
/*
 $Id: checkout_shipping.php,v 1.3 2003/02/06 17:38:16 thomasamoulton Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE_1', 'Checkout');
define('NAVBAR_TITLE_2', 'Shipping Method');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Delivery Information');

define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'Shipping Address');
define('TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_DESTINATION', 'Please choose from your address book where you would like the items to be delivered to.');
define('TITLE_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'Shipping Address:');

define('TABLE_HEADING_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Shipping Method');
define('TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.');
define('TITLE_PLEASE_SELECT', 'Please Select');
define('TEXT_ENTER_SHIPPING_INFORMATION', 'This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.');

define('TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS', 'Add Comments About Your Order');

define('TITLE_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE', 'Continue Checkout Procedure');
define('TEXT_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE', 'to select the preferred payment method.');
?>

Go to the downloads section http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads and download the complete solution as this will give you a default file backup set.

Then backup your file and replace with the one from the default download set or use it to compare against your file

Yes, actually I was looking at the languages folder which contained the checkout_shipping....obviously where I was going wrong. In that case, in which folder can I find the default checkout_shipping.php file, the one that contains over 400 lines?? This way I can take a look and compare the file with my other websites, and compare the lines like-for-like to check for the syntax error on line 404.

Thank you very much..hopefully I can sort this out very soon

Ah Hah! Found the file I'm looking for that contains 450 lines....thank you very much, that was a great help, and I will now get to work in finding out where the syntax error has occured....

Thank you!!!

Archived