• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Dynamenu" for osCommerce

I just tried turning on this contrib and I get the following error:

Warning: main(includes/functions/dynamenu/libjs/layersmenu-browser_detection.js): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/catalog/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php on line 113

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/functions/dynamenu/libjs/layersmenu-browser_detection.js' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/catalog/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php on line 113

I looked and the files appear to be in the correct paths, Any ideas?

The idea is that you have to believe what it told you in the error msg, ie, either the file 'layersmenu-browser_detection.js' in not in the folder 'includes/functions/dynamenu/libjs/', or your configure.php hasn't been set up properly (less likely if other parts of your site have been working). For the former, double check the installation instructions.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Hi,

I am about to implement a new osCommerce installation using STS and hopefully this DHTML menu system

. From all the forum posts I've read there are some complications to trying to do this, has anybody been successful? or should I scrap it before I begin? I've installed several osCommerce stores before and am fairly confident with PHP but I need the install to go smoothly and quickly in order to complete the project on time.

Here's a screenshot of what I'd like to do:

healthypet.png

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

Hi,

I am about to implement a new osCommerce installation using STS and hopefully this DHTML menu system

. From all the forum posts I've read there are some complications to trying to do this, has anybody been successful? or should I scrap it before I begin? I've installed several osCommerce stores before and am fairly confident with PHP but I need the install to go smoothly and quickly in order to complete the project on time.

Here's a screenshot of what I'd like to do:

healthypet.png

Of all the DHTML Menu Contrib's I tried, this is the only one I was able to easily install and get working. This is my first time using osC - and this contrib was one of the easiest for me to setup. Just remember that any instructions for the footer or column_left need to also be done to the sts_column_left and sts_footer files :thumbsup:

Now - with that said, I have found one issue. For some reason my menu initially loads in IE6 with the text above and to the left of where it should be. If you mouse over the text or scroll the page it pops to where it's supposed to be. This is only happening in IE6 - IE7, Firefox and Netscape all render it properly. I've been told that to fix the problem I either need to strip out the table tags the menu gets from osC or directly embed the code. I've not been successful yet in either of these attempts - but I am still working on it. I have seen it working properly in other people's osC sites in IE6 though - so it could just have something to do with me being a newbie to osC :blush:

~Tracy

Did you upload them to your server in ASCII mode or Binary mode? Binary can corrupt them while they are being uploaded, so they may look like they are there, but the file is corrupt so when the script calls it the script doesn't think it's there.

~Tracy

Has anyone gotten this working with the latest version of STS? If so, can somebody please write up a step by step or an addendum to the dynamenu's installation notes? This would be *very* useful!

*note - there is no such thing as an sts_footer file.

Edited by SeanLee

Has anyone gotten this working with the latest version of STS? If so, can somebody please write up a step by step or an addendum to the dynamenu's installation notes? This would be *very* useful!

*note - there is no such thing as an sts_footer file.

Sean, the "sts_footer.php" file was removed from the STS 4.3.2 version but was still in use in the version that Tracy used to modify her shop to make Dynamenu and STS work together. I plan to make a bundled version of the latest versions of STS & Dynamenu but will not have it ready until after the Holidays. I'm considering posting the contribution in the STS Power Pack download site so as not to confuse those who wish to download STS or Dynamenu specifically.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Sean, the "sts_footer.php" file was removed from the STS 4.3.2 version but was still in use in the version that Tracy used to modify her shop to make Dynamenu and STS work together. I plan to make a bundled version of the latest versions of STS & Dynamenu but will not have it ready until after the Holidays. I'm considering posting the contribution in the STS Power Pack download site so as not to confuse those who wish to download STS or Dynamenu specifically.

Please let me know if/when you post this! I don't know of any other way to get it working with the latest version of STS.

Thanks,

-Sean

Please let me know if/when you post this! I don't know of any other way to get it working with the latest version of STS.

Thanks,

-Sean

Sean, Try this Step by Step instructions. I just put this together and followed them myself and did not have any problems.

How to get Dynamenu to work with STSv4x

(There are a couple ways of implementing this so pay close attention to the "TIPS" that follow various steps)

1. Upload all of the files from the contribution.

2. Add the css code from the "dynamenu_for_osc_styles.txt" to your "stylesheet.css" file for the menu type that you would like to use in your templates.

3. You must include the following line of code in your template where you would like the menu to appear:

<?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php'); ?>

:thumbsup: TIP: You can create a STS variable for the above and then just add the variable into your template inplace of the code above. If you decide to go this route, you can use the sample code below and insert it into your includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php file:

$sts->start_capture();
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');
$sts->stop_capture('dmbox', 'box');

Now you can add the box into your STS Template pages by using the $dmbox tag (or $dmbox# depending on what you are using for your stop character).

4. You must include the following line of code in each of your templates that will be using the menu (The "footer" should be echoed *just before* the closing </BODY> tag.):

<?php echo $GLOBALS['dmfooter']; ?>

:thumbsup: TIP 1: It may be easier to just create a file with the above code and then save this file to includes/modules/sts_inc/file_name and then add the file_name to the list of files to include in the STS admin.

:thumbsup: TIP 2: It may be easier to just add the above line of code to your application_bottom.php file just before the last closing ?>.

If you do all of the above then STSv4x will work with Dynamenu (May 27, 2006 version). If you are modifying a new installation of STS, be sure you have STS installed and configured correctly before doing any of the above modifications.

Have Fun,

Bill Kellum

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Did anyone change the code to allow two different styles to appear at the same (hor + ver ) time?

I managed to get the code to do that but I have problems with the locations of the submenus. They appear in the wrong places for either of the menus

Any ideas how to control the location of the sub menus?

Sean, Try this Step by Step instructions. I just put this together and followed them myself and did not have any problems.

How to get Dynamenu to work with STSv4x

(There are a couple ways of implementing this so pay close attention to the "TIPS" that follow various steps)

1. Upload all of the files from the contribution.

2. Add the css code from the "dynamenu_for_osc_styles.txt" to your "stylesheet.css" file for the menu type that you would like to use in your templates.

3. You must include the following line of code in your template where you would like the menu to appear:

<?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php'); ?>

:thumbsup: TIP: You can create a STS variable for the above and then just add the variable into your template inplace of the code above. If you decide to go this route, you can use the sample code below and insert it into your includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php file:

$sts->start_capture();
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');
$sts->stop_capture('dmbox', 'box');

Now you can add the box into your STS Template pages by using the $dmbox tag (or $dmbox# depending on what you are using for your stop character).

4. You must include the following line of code in each of your templates that will be using the menu (The "footer" should be echoed *just before* the closing </BODY> tag.):

<?php echo $GLOBALS['dmfooter']; ?>

:thumbsup: TIP 1: It may be easier to just create a file with the above code and then save this file to includes/modules/sts_inc/file_name and then add the file_name to the list of files to include in the STS admin.

:thumbsup: TIP 2: It may be easier to just add the above line of code to your application_bottom.php file just before the last closing ?>.

If you do all of the above then STSv4x will work with Dynamenu (May 27, 2006 version). If you are modifying a new installation of STS, be sure you have STS installed and configured correctly before doing any of the above modifications.

Have Fun,

Bill Kellum

Thank you for this.

I followed your directions and got the Vertical menu's working with Fly-Outs and everything.

However, it does not work in Mozilla Firefox :(

Not sure if this is a known issue? Seems bad for a commerce site to not support Firefox.

-Sean

Thank you for this.

I followed your directions and got the Vertical menu's working with Fly-Outs and everything.

However, it does not work in Mozilla Firefox :(

Not sure if this is a known issue? Seems bad for a commerce site to not support Firefox.

-Sean

*EDIT*

For some reason now it works in Mozilla... not really sure what happened. I apologize for the misleading info.

Thanks again!

-Sean

*EDIT*

For some reason now it works in Mozilla... not really sure what happened. I apologize for the misleading info.

Thanks again!

-Sean

LOL - well, I know that for the site I'm working on it all works in IE 7, FireFox and Netscape Navigator. However, in IE 6 the vertical menu's text is misplaced until you mouse over it or scroll the page :huh:

Supposedly, taking the menu out of the table tags will correct that issue, but so far I've not been successful at removing the table tags <_< Do you have the ability to test your site in IE 6 to see if you have the same problem?

~Tracy

LOL - well, I know that for the site I'm working on it all works in IE 7, FireFox and Netscape Navigator. However, in IE 6 the vertical menu's text is misplaced until you mouse over it or scroll the page :huh:

Supposedly, taking the menu out of the table tags will correct that issue, but so far I've not been successful at removing the table tags <_< Do you have the ability to test your site in IE 6 to see if you have the same problem?

Tracy,

I just tried in IE6 on winxp, 2kpro and win98 (vmware rules!) and don't seem to have this problem.

-Sean

Has anyone been able to get this working with individual infobox menus...?

I'm happy to hear that your not having the misplaced text in IE6 - that's great!

I use the Infobox Customize contribution for my infoboxes and I haven't had any problems with the flyouts. Although - if I remember correctly - it took me a couple times with the code for Son of Suckerfish for my horizontal dropdown infobox (I placed my Information Box along the top of the site with dropdown menus). Are you using any other custom codes in your site that may be affecting the flyouts?

~Tracy

I'm happy to hear that your not having the misplaced text in IE6 - that's great!

I use the Infobox Customize contribution for my infoboxes and I haven't had any problems with the flyouts. Although - if I remember correctly - it took me a couple times with the code for Son of Suckerfish for my horizontal dropdown infobox (I placed my Information Box along the top of the site with dropdown menus). Are you using any other custom codes in your site that may be affecting the flyouts?

Here is the code for my infobox_categories.php.html:

<div align="left">
<table border="0" width="146" height="217" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="17">
	<tr>
		<td height="217" width="112" background="images/parchment-bg.png">
		<br>
		$content</td>
	</tr>
</table>
</div>

I'm not sure what else I need in here in order to make it work...

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I've tried everything to get DynaMenu to work with custom infoboxes (ie: infobox_categories.php.html) and it does not work. It only works using the infobox.php.html template for all infoboxes.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I've tried everything to get DynaMenu to work with custom infoboxes (ie: infobox_categories.php.html) and it does not work. It only works using the infobox.php.html template for all infoboxes.
Sean, I don't see why making custom infoboxes would make any difference but I will test it out and then report back to this thread.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Sean, I don't see why making custom infoboxes would make any difference but I will test it out and then report back to this thread.
OK...so far in my test site everything is working just fine. But..my test site was only running STSv4.3.1, which is STSv4.3 with Service Pack 1. I will upgrade it to STSv4.3.3 (Service Packs 1-3) and see if everything is still working.

Sean, just so you know, I edited the categorie infobox that came with the STSv4.3 contribution to make my tests. I changed the color of the content and header area. The DynaMenu flyouts were still working fine.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

OK...so far in my test site everything is working just fine. But..my test site was only running STSv4.3.1, which is STSv4.3 with Service Pack 1. I will upgrade it to STSv4.3.3 (Service Packs 1-3) and see if everything is still working.

Sean, just so you know, I edited the categorie infobox that came with the STSv4.3 contribution to make my tests. I changed the color of the content and header area. The DynaMenu flyouts were still working fine.

Weird. Here's what I've done so far:

• I put all the CSS into my stylesheet.css file
  • I Created the STS "dmbox" variable and added the proper code to the sts_user_code.php file
  • I changed categorybox# to dmbox# in my includes/sts_templates/mytemplate/index.php.html file
  • I added the php echo line of code to my application_bottom.php file in /includes

When I just use the default infobox.php.html file, everything works fine. As soon as I choose to use templates for infoboxes, that's when it breaks. Am I missing something?

-Sean

Weird. Here's what I've done so far:
  • I put all the CSS into my stylesheet.css file
  • I Created the STS "dmbox" variable and added the proper code to the sts_user_code.php file
  • I changed categorybox# to dmbox# in my includes/sts_templates/mytemplate/index.php.html file
  • I added the php echo line of code to my application_bottom.php file in /includes

When I just use the default infobox.php.html file, everything works fine. As soon as I choose to use templates for infoboxes, that's when it breaks. Am I missing something?

-Sean

In my test site, I added the code manually to the template itself, meaning I did not create the STS tag, though I do not see this as being an issue.

Another thing different on my test site from yours is I added the "echo" code into the template itself instead of inserting it into my application_bottom.php file. In theory, inserting this code into application_bottom.php should work just as well but maybe that is the key to solving your flyout problem. I know the flyout is dependent upon that echo code.

Try putting the echo code into your template and see what happens.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

In my test site, I added the code manually to the template itself, meaning I did not create the STS tag, though I do not see this as being an issue.

Another thing different on my test site from yours is I added the "echo" code into the template itself instead of inserting it into my application_bottom.php file. In theory, inserting this code into application_bottom.php should work just as well but maybe that is the key to solving your flyout problem. I know the flyout is dependent upon that echo code.

Try putting the echo code into your template and see what happens.

Sean, another thing...

I noticed I do have the "echo" code from the DynaMenu contribution in my application_bottom.php and footer.php files as well.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions