• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Dynamenu" for osCommerce

I have another question regarding the operation of Dynamenu:

I'm using the tree menu feature to show my product categories. When my page first displays, I see for an instant the entire menu, including all collapsed branches. Then the pages settles down, showing the menu the way it should be, with collapsed branches hidden. Is there any way to correct this behavior?

The same happens SOMETIMES in my store.

Most of the cases is on a slow connection or when PC is slow, it's just very quick so on fats connection and PC you don't even get to see it.

I think it has to do with the way the template of the menus. I think that the categories are rendered into the ihtml template and then the rest of the store comes in.

Is there a way to change when dm_menu is called so it doesn't render anithing before the rest of te wesite?

(...)

Can anyone help? has anyone here used this contrib in conjunction with STS 4?

Regards

Dan

I have been and it's a bit messy...

I tried adding the footer everywhere ad it kept just messing my template. I found that rendering the menu as a box solved quite almost all the problems. then you can edit

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $categories_menu);

at about line 220 of dm_categories.php not to show the "Categories" title. The rest of the box should skin itself the way your other boxes are.

I'm displaying dynamenu as a box but i don't want the box heading to display. So in the language file i chaned the name of the categorybox to nothing. but i keep getting "1" as a box title and i can' find it where n the code is it. Any ideas? (I'm using STS4)

I have a template that I'm using and I was wondering if it works with templates at all. I'm sure it depends on the actual template and how things are coded in the template. I think the biggest problem that I'm going to have is that the categories are actually in the header.php file and not the column_left.php file. If anybody has installed this in to a template that has the same basic set up as me, please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I'm kind of a PHP newbie, so it's tough for me to try and edit things myself.

Here is a link to the cart that I'm editing. Rush Archery

Nice contrib :D

I have a question:

I want the contents in the dropdown to display in line, not as a list.

Dont want:

ROOT

SubCat1

SubCat2

SubCat3

I want:

ROOT

SubCat1 SubCat2 SubCat3

Is there a way to configure this?

Hi There,

great contribution!!

I'm trying to integrate it with ENABLE and DISABLE categories but have problem with tep_db_query:

the only call into dm_categories box is this :

$result = tep_db_query('select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES . ' c, ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . ' cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id="' . (int)$languages_id .'" '.$parent_query.'order by sort_order, cd.categories_name');

and i think that i should implement this :

// #################### Added Enable / Disable Categories ##############

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$value . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='" . (int)$languages_id ."' and c.categories_status = '1' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");

// #################### End Added Enable / Disable Categories ##############

can't really integrate this....maybe it's easy but i'm having hard time trying to fix!!

any hint?

thx

Fab

Advice on forum are Free, Email or Pm to fix your site is work...which I charge for :)

-------------------

Is it possible to display the menu twice on one page?

I want the horizontal menu in my header, and the vertical menu in my left column, when I add them both, the page stops working, I tried adding the footer twice, but this is a no go also. Will I have to modify some variables/cookies for this? Has anyone succefully done this?

Thanks!!!

Chris

I'm displaying dynamenu as a box but i don't want the box heading to display. So in the language file i chaned the name of the categorybox to nothing. but i keep getting "1" as a box title and i can' find it where n the code is it. Any ideas? (I'm using STS4)

Nothing to do with DM, but you probably set the value wrong - should be empty string = ""... There is a DM config setting to display the menu not surrounded by the standard box for better layout integration...

I have a template that I'm using and I was wondering if it works with templates at all. I'm sure it depends on the actual template and how things are coded in the template. I think the biggest problem that I'm going to have is that the categories are actually in the header.php file and not the column_left.php file.

The location of the menu does not make a difference, only that the "footer" is echoed just before your template's closing body tag.... I think there has been some discussion above about this...

Nice contrib :D

I have a question:

I want the contents in the dropdown to display in line, not as a list. Is there a way to configure this?

There is no configuration setting per se for this. You could likely adjust the styles for the submenu items to acheive this effect...

Hi There,

great contribution!!

I'm trying to integrate it with ENABLE and DISABLE categories

I think you just need to add "and c.categories_status = '1'" to the DM query ;)

Is it possible to display the menu twice on one page?

Well, I can tell you DM in its "native" form is capable of displaying more than one menu (or the same or different types) on the same page. This box was not optimized for such use but you should only need one footer and some of the includes at the beginning only need to be included once...

To have more than one menu on a page, they do need to have distinct identifiers... The identifier for the menu is "catmenu".... Look for it in the dm_categories.php script... The Dynamenu for Postnuke was optimized for displaying more than one menu on a page which might give you a better idea.

** Please do not PM with personal support requests (even if offering "payment"). Thank you.

---

i tried but it keeps giving this error : Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_LNUMBER

--

if i type this way :

c.categories_status = '. 1 .'

it works :)

Advice on forum are Free, Email or Pm to fix your site is work...which I charge for :)

-------------------

this contribution seems like a great idea for my site i wish to use it as a main menu to include my categories AND other links to the rest of my site - info pages and regular html pages. i have no clue about PHP and would hope some one can tell me how to add mainlevel menu items and link them to non-categories pages and/or outside pages.

for sake of testing i have built a new store on my wamp server with a brand new osc2.2ms2 051113 and followed the instructions:

1. added the requires css to my style sheet see here(pasted the entire stylesheet with the addition at the very end

2. added codeto end of footer see here(right at the ned)

3.added the output sting see here(line 62)

4. uploaded all the files

the text and menu are displayed but the flyout sub menus - dont fly out . i am running latest wamp server with latest stable php and mysql versions - using XP and the menu does not work on firefox or ie6. i havent made any customizations. so i hope i have missed something realy basic.....

my questions are:

1.can any one take a look and maybe let me know what i need to change?

2. can you please help with adding regular links to add to this menu ? i think this menu would make an excellent addition to the core of oscommerce -it is very basic yet seems to be powerful(when i looked at some of your posted shops) but i think to add to its functionality links beyond the categories would make a great enhancment.

i noticed that nate is the only one giving support to this contrib and nate , u are doing a great job responding to so many of the posts. but have also noticed that your answers require some php understanding in order to fully understnd. if you can post here in response to these questions i would be very greatful if you can explain it in such a way that the likes of me and other PHP ignorants can understand..

may thanks again for this contribution

zaxon

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

this contribution seems like a great idea for my site i wish to use it as a main menu to include my categories AND other links to the rest of my site - info pages and regular html pages. i have no clue about PHP and would hope some one can tell me how to add mainlevel menu items and link them to non-categories pages and/or outside pages.

for sake of testing i have built a new store on my wamp server with a brand new osc2.2ms2 051113 and followed the instructions

sorry for being so lame....

i actually didnt install a fresh copy of osc2.2ms2 051113 - i installed a fresh copy of it, then ontop of it i added the basic design pack. its a contribution that does away wiht the cartoonish icons, and turns the whole cart to be much more reliant on css for its design also centres the shop etc... the only files these contributions have in common(as far as my limited understaning is ) are the footer and header but in both i still implanted the right code. can any one help ?

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

There is no configuration setting per se for this. You could likely adjust the styles for the submenu items to acheive this effect...

I dont have a clue about javascripting :blush:

I have tried to look for and change "<br>" or "/n" statements, I am lost :'(

I want the contents in the dropdown to display in line, not as a list. Is there a way to configure this?

Hi,

sorry my very bad englisch.

I have a shop with the treemenu and it will not working.

This is my configuration from dm_catergories.php

// BEGIN Configuration Options

// Set the value below corresponding to the type of menu you want to render
// 0 = Horizontal Drop-down; 1 = Vertical Flyout; 2 = Tree Menu;
// 3 = Plain Horizontal Menu; 4 = Plain Vertical Menu
// Include the appropriate stylesheet in your store stylesheet, and if rendering
// types '0' or '1', you must also echo (output) the "menu footer" variable
// in your store footer as described in the readme (or submenus won't work)
$menu_type = 2;

// Set to false to display the menu output only. Set to true to display in
// a regular box. The former is useful for better integrating the menu with your layout.
$show_dmcats_as_box = true;				

// Set to 'true' to assign TITLE tags to each of the menu's items, 'false' to leave blank
$menu_use_titles = false;	

// Name of the icon file to be used preceding menu items. Leave blank for no icons.
// NOTE: Does not apply to plain style menus. Icon should be in the /images directory
$menu_icon_file = '';

// Width and height of icons used in menus (does not apply to plain menus).
$menu_icon_width = 16;
$menu_icon_height = 16;

// Set the graphic to be used for the forward arrow and down arrow images used in 
// drop-down and fly-out menus. Images must reside in your catalog's /images directory
$menu_fwdarrowimg  = 'forward-arrow.png';		
$menu_downarrowimg = 'down-arrow.png';		

// Indicates whether or not to render your entire category list or just the root categories
// and the currently selected submenu tree. Rendering the full list is useful for dynamic menu
// generation where you want the user to have instant access to all categories. The other option
// is the default oSC behaviour, when the subcats aren't available until the parent is clicked,
// more suitable for plain-style menus 
$show_full_tree = true;		

// For tree menus, set to true to have only nodes corresponding to the current category path
// expanded. If set to false, the tree menu will retain expanded/collapse nodes the user has
// selected (as well as expanding any for categories they've entered)
$menu_tree_current_path = true;				

// Set the three numerical values below to adjust the offset of submenus in
 // horizontal drop-down and vertical fly-out menus. Values adjust the following (in order)
 // Top Offset: # of pixels from top border of previous menu the submenu appears
 // Right Offset: # of pixels from right border of previous menu the submenu appears
 // Left Offset: # of pixels from left border of previous menu the submenu appears
 // if the submenu pops to left (i.e. if window border is reached).  Negative values are allowed.
 $menu_layer_offset = array (0,4,4);	

// Show icons on tree menus? If set to false, only expand/collapse icons and connecting lines are shown
$GLOBALS['dm_tree_folder_icons'] = false;

// This is the HTML that you would like to appear before/after your categories menu if *not*
// displaying in a standard "box". This is useful for reconciling tables or clearing
// floats, depending on your layout needs.	For example if not including in a box in the
// default osC template, you would need opening/closing <tr><td> tags...
$before_nobox_html = '';
 $after_nobox_html = '';

// Use this option if you have a *lot* of subcategories in a DHTML style menu and your
// submenus won't fit on the page.  Set $divide_subcats to the max # of subcategories you want
// to display.  The menu will show a "more..." link and display the remaining subcategories
// under that selection. Leave at "0" to not divide your subcategories.
$divide_subcats = 0;	

// The text you want to display to indicate more subcategories are available
// This can be set a string or to a language constant you define.
$divide_subcats_text = 'mehr...';	

// END Configuration Options

The categories is follow:

+categorie 1

------subcategorie 1

------subcategorie 2

------subcategorie 3

+categorie 2

------+subcategorie 1

----------subsubcategorie 1

----------subsubcategorie 2

------+subcatergorie 2

and so on

+categorie 3

and the Problem is.

1.1 click categorie 1 dont open the subcategorie.

1.2 click at the sign "+" open the subcategorie.

3. Click at the sign "+" and categorie 2 open the subcategorie.

What must i done that open the subcategorie with click the sign "+" and categorie 1 just as 3.

Thx

J?rgen

---

i tried but it keeps giving this error : Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_LNUMBER

--

That is a syntax error, you just need to recheck your quotes, dots, etc... for proper placement/syntax...

Can you please help with adding regular links to add to this menu ?

Basically, in the script where you are passing the menu structure string off to be generated, you can add whatever links you like, before or after the category links. The syntax outlined in the comments in tep_make_cat_dmbranch needs to be followed to specify extra menu items (It is pipe-delineated and each link is terminated by a newline \n). So around line 158 change it to add a home link for example:

$mid->setMenuStructureString(".|Home|index.php|Home|||\n".$categories_string);

if you can post here in response to these questions i would be very greatful if you can explain it in such a way that the likes of me and other PHP ignorants can understand..

may thanks again for this contribution

No, I cannot do that. Tweaking oSC is not for the "PHP ignorants". Either learn basic PHP, or don't tweak. ;)

I dont have a clue about javascripting :blush:

I have tried to look for and change "<br>" or "/n" statements, I am lost :'(

This has nothing to do with Javascript or HTML, I was referring you to the stylesheets. I don't have a clear way to do it, but seems as though it could be done by manipulating the horizsubmenu styles...

Does anyone have a link for us to have a look ......

Check out this website: http://www.wendellwelch.com

I have a shop with the treemenu and it will not working.

The menu at your webshop, http://www.pinotage-weinhandel.de/shop/ appears to be working normally and please do not email m website with personal support requests. Thank you.

** Please do not PM with personal support requests (even if offering "payment"). Thank you.

nate_02631,

i am currently using a program called ISAPI rewrite to rewrite my URL's, the URL rewriting is working perfectly fine thats not where my problem is.

are the links for the navigation system held in the dm_categories.php or any of the included files in this contribution? if this is the case can you please tell me how i would change the URLs (*or even point me to where i need to change)

or is it just the standard OScommerce links system ??

Thanks in advance,

PilsY

are the links for the navigation system held in the dm_categories.php or any of the included files in this contribution?... or is it just the standard OScommerce links system ??

Dynamenu uses just the standard osC link function...

Hi

I'm using vertical fly-out Dynamenu option which is very nice and works fine in FireFox but sits under html dropdown menus in IE for some reason (IE Manufacturers - I'm fairly sure it isn't the contribution but something I have messed up elsewhere as I have not found anything indicating the same issue on my searches but someone may be able to help, as I've run out of ideas :unsure:

Thanks

I'm using vertical fly-out Dynamenu option which is very nice and works fine in FireFox but sits under html dropdown menus in IE for some reason

Not sure what you mean by "sits under", but you might want to check that you are echoing the DM footer *just before* the closing </BODY> tag...

I really hope this isn't too dumb of a question but in the dm_categories.php, you set the sub menu to an absolute position which tends not to play well in differing screen resolutions. If I set it to look good in a high resolution, it overlaps in a low resolution. Is there anyway to use another type of positioning that you know of that would anchor it no matter what resolution is being used?

Oh, btw, JUST the contrib I was looking for...excellent work!

My site is http://www.teachersorchard.com/classroom (I have mini-stores installed and this is the one I'm using to test it with).

Thanks!