• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Dynamenu" for osCommerce

Also: After you get the above working, I suggest Tracy's added contribution that brings your products into the menu as well:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4228

Nate, thanks for such an awesome menu contribution! It works great with the Simple Template System as well as with a stock osC shop! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Have Fun everyone!

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Heya,

First I’d like to thank for the beautiful contrib. Works Great…

Apart from two little probs:

In dm_categories.php :

Can’t get to adjust the following sections:

// Width and height of icons used in menus (does not apply to plain menus).
$menu_icon_width = 5;
$menu_icon_height = 5;

// Set the three numerical values below to adjust the offset of submenus in
 // horizontal drop-down and vertical fly-out menus. Values adjust the following (in order)
 // Top Offset: # of pixels from top border of previous menu the submenu appears
 // Right Offset: # of pixels from right border of previous menu the submenu appears
 // Left Offset: # of pixels from left border of previous menu the submenu appears
 // if the submenu pops to left (i.e. if window border is reached).  Negative values are allowed.
 $menu_layer_offset = array (0,4,4);

If I change the values at the above both sections, it won’t make any different.

Any Ideas Why?

Cheers

Joe.

Heya,

In dm_categories.php :

$menu_icon_width = 5;
$menu_icon_height = 5;

// horizontal drop-down and vertical fly-out menus. Values adjust the following (in order)
 // Right Offset: # of pixels from right border of previous menu the submenu appears
 // Left Offset: # of pixels from left border of previous menu the submenu appears
 // if the submenu pops to left (i.e. if window border is reached).  Negative values are allowed.

If I change the values at the above both sections, it won’t make any different.

Any Ideas Why?

Cheers

Joe.

Heya,

In dm_categories.php :

$menu_icon_width = 5;
$menu_icon_height = 5;

If I change the values at both sections, it won’t make any different.

Any ideas why?

Cheers

Joe.

Bill,

I got the dropdown/flyout to function. Although, it only works when I have infobox templates set to false in admin. I remember someone asking about this in the forum and will go looking for a fix.

Thanks for the great write-ups Bill!

Also, Thanks Nate for the great contribution!

-Dano

I've followed all the installation directions and I get the following errors:

Warning: main(includes/boxes/dm_categories.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/otherwor/public_html/osCommerce1/catalog/includes/header.php on line 1

Warning: main(includes/boxes/dm_categories.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/otherwor/public_html/osCommerce1/catalog/includes/header.php on line 1

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/boxes/dm_categories.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/otherwor/public_html/osCommerce1/catalog/includes/header.php on line 1

I saw that someone had this problem earlier in the thread and it was suggested that they upload the file in ASCII instead of Binary mode, but I have no idea how I can tell, let alone change the manner in which I upload the files. Can anyone help me?

I've followed all the installation directions and I get the following errors:

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/boxes/dm_categories.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/otherwor/public_html/osCommerce1/catalog/includes/header.php on line 1

I saw that someone had this problem earlier in the thread and it was suggested that they upload the file in ASCII instead of Binary mode, but I have no idea how I can tell, let alone change the manner in which I upload the files. Can anyone help me?

Bill,

I got the dropdown/flyout to function. Although, it only works when I have infobox templates set to false in admin. I remember someone asking about this in the forum and will go looking for a fix.

Thanks for the great write-ups Bill!

Also, Thanks Nate for the great contribution!

-Dano

Dan,

The STS infobox templates is somehow skipping the JavaScript needed to make the flyouts work.

Here is a work around for Dynamenu not working when "Use infobox templates" = True:

1. Make a copy of the infobox.php.html infobox template.
  2. Rename it as follows: infobox_dm_categories.php.html
  3. Just before the <table> that holds the $content tag, You must add the JavaScript needed for the flyout menu to work for this infobox template only:

Here is the java script:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
		<!--
			// PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc (C) 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - [url="http://www.marcopratesi.it/"]http://www.marcopratesi.it/[/url]

DOM = (document.getElementById) ? 1 : 0;
NS4 = (document.layers) ? 1 : 0;
// We need to explicitly detect Konqueror
// because Konqueror 3 sets IE = 1 ... AAAAAAAAAARGHHH!!!
Konqueror = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
// We need to detect Konqueror 2.2 as it does not handle the window.onresize event
Konqueror22 = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror 2.2') > -1 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror/2.2') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
Konqueror30 =
(
 navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror 3.0') > -1
 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror/3.0') > -1
 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror 3;') > -1
 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror/3;') > -1
 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror 3)') > -1
 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror/3)') > -1
)
? 1 : 0;
Konqueror31 = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror 3.1') > -1 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror/3.1') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
// We need to detect Konqueror 3.2 and 3.3 as they are affected by the see-through effect only for 2 form elements
Konqueror32 = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror 3.2') > -1 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror/3.2') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
Konqueror33 = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror 3.3') > -1 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Konqueror/3.3') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
Opera = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
Opera5 = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera 5') > -1 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera/5') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
Opera6 = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera 6') > -1 || navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera/6') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
Opera56 = Opera5 || Opera6;
IE = (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE') > -1) ? 1 : 0;
IE = IE && !Opera;
IE5 = IE && DOM;
IE4 = (document.all) ? 1 : 0;
IE4 = IE4 && IE && !DOM;

// -->
	</script>
	<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/functions/dynamenu/libjs/layersmenu-library.js"></script>
	<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/functions/dynamenu/libjs/layersmenu.js"></script>
<!-- beginning of menu header - PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc (C) 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - [url="http://www.marcopratesi.it/"]http://www.marcopratesi.it/[/url] -->

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!--

menuTopShift = 0;
menuRightShift = 4;
menuLeftShift = 4;

var thresholdY = 1;
var abscissaStep = 140;

toBeHidden = new Array();
toBeHiddenLeft = new Array();
toBeHiddenTop = new Array();

listl = ['L1','L10','L14'];
var numl = listl.length;

father = new Array();
for (i=1; i<=20; i++) {
father['L' + i] = '';
}
father_keys = ['L2','L3','L4','L5','L6','L7','L8','L9','L11','L12','L13','L15','L16','L17','L18','L19','L20'];
father_vals = ['L1','L1','L1','L1','L1','L1','L1','L1','L10','L10','L10','L14','L14','L14','L14','L14','L14'];
for (i=0; i<father_keys.length; i++) {
father[father_keys[i]] = father_vals[i];
}

lwidth = new Array();
var lwidthDetected = 0;

function moveLayers()
{
if (!lwidthDetected) {
 for (i=0; i<numl; i++) {
  lwidth[listl[i]] = getOffsetWidth(listl[i]);
 }
 lwidthDetected = 1;
}
if (IE4) {
 for (i=0; i<numl; i++) {
  setWidth(listl[i], abscissaStep);
 }
}
var catmenuTOP = getOffsetTop('catmenu');
var catmenuLEFT = getOffsetLeft('catmenu');
var catmenuWIDTH = getOffsetWidth('catmenu');
setLeft('L1', catmenuLEFT + catmenuWIDTH - menuRightShift);
setLeft('L10', catmenuLEFT + catmenuWIDTH - menuRightShift);
setLeft('L14', catmenuLEFT + catmenuWIDTH - menuRightShift);

}

back = new Array();
for (i=1; i<=20; i++) {
back['L' + i] = 0;
}

// -->
</script>

<!-- end of menu header - PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc (C) 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - [url="http://www.marcopratesi.it/"]http://www.marcopratesi.it/[/url] -->

Now you can template any of the infoboxes in STS including the dm_categories.php box from the Dynamenu contribution without upsetting the flyout menus.

I'm sure there is a better way to do this but this is simple enough.

Let me know what you think,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi,

Thanks for these great contributions! :thumbsup:

'nother newbie here...

framework: I just installed STSv4.3.3_HTCV2.6.0 and Dynamenu on a clean osC 2.2 MS2.

Every thing is working almost as it should...

I'm using a horizontal drop down "type 0" menu. If I choose not to display the menu in a box the drop down stops working.

If I display the menu in a box then the drop down works great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ;)

victor

Hey All,

Killer contrib, just one problem im getting after installing all the little bits on the contribution page.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/classes/ProductsInCategory.php:45) in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Anyone run into this little problem?

Line 29 in general.php is: header('Location: ' . $url);

I really love this app as well. I've been trying to incorporate manufacturers as a third level, i.e:

Category
|_subcategory
	  |_manufacturer1
	  |_manufacturer2
|_subcategory
	  |_manufacturer1
Category1

So basically I'm looking for a list of all manufacturers that exist in the subcategory

Any ideas would be appreciated

I really love this app as well. I've been trying to incorporate manufacturers as a third level,

It's just a matter of altering the query really and maybe adding some conditional to the part when the menu lines are built (to get the right levels, etc...)... I'd do some test queries in phpMyAdmin or something...

Anyone who knows search engine optimization better than me know if Dynamenu would increase(make worse) your search engine page rank? thanks

I can tell you that all of the links for DM exist in the page source and can be spidered by S/E's as opposed to some JS-only solutions where the links are generated by JS document.write's and can't be read/indexed by the search engines...

** Please do not PM with personal support requests (even if offering "payment"). Thank you.

Is there anyway to have 2 vertical flyout menus on the same page? I'd like to use one for the store categories and another for the wordpress categories....

I know I can change how the categories are queried to get the right data for the wordpress category menu, but the way some of the global variables (like "father" and "back") are generated, I can't figure out how to make another menu without overwritten the values from the first one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,

I am using Tree and Plain Menu Style. Its running now but i want to implement the same category style of Amazon.com

Please help me on how to change the Text Color of Main Categories. What I want to implement is Main Categories has different font color and should be in bold text, the Sub Category is another color with plain text.

What will i put on my CSS entry?

Any help is highly appreciated.

fgwapo

Hi All!!

This is indeed a much better way for a menu then i had before (css and stuff, but not dynamic!!).

I read trought all posts, and i must say, it was only 2 min work for me to get it installed and running.

However, it was not 100% what i was looking for...

I came accross the same questions (unanswerd, or particular answerd) that i had...

and after a couple of hours staring and reading the codes (and the excelent commenting) i found a way to change some things to my needs.. i post them here for if other peoples want to do the same.

Like some others i wanted my categories to show in a category (parent) menu not every category on my frontpage!

Also i wanted to add more menu and more dropdowns too...

I'm not a big fan of posting my url on the forums, since searchengine pick them up...

and unsure if this will work... click here!

I still have 3 problems with my modification, i hope someone can help me out....

a) The first categorie doesnt get loaded in my menu, it starts directly with the second and so on. (So missing the first one)

B) the child categories arent loaded eather.. check "producten" and see my first child categories, three of them have a arrow to show their child categories, but non are shown.

c) "Home" and "Producten", when selected, show my topmenulinks in bold.. the others not... (prob style related, but can't figure it out, i have set it all to bold now, so it stops jumping on clicking... but i rather have them not at bold.)

This is what i did.... =>

includes/boxes/dm_categories.php

line 25 -- $menu_type = 0;
line 29 -- $show_dmcats_as_box = false;

line 168 -- // Generate menus
if(tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
$mid->setMenuStructureString(".|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_HOME . "|" .  FILENAME_DEFAULT . "|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_HOME . "|||\n" . ".|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_NEWS . "|" . FILENAME_NEWS . "|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_HOME . "|||\n" . ".|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_PRODUCTEN . "|" . FILENAME_PRODUCTS . "|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_PRODUCTEN . "|||\n" . ".." . $categories_string . ".|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_INFORMATION . "|" . FILENAME_SHIPPING . "|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_INFORMATION . "|||\n" . "..|" . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . "|" . FILENAME_PRIVACY . "|" . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . "|||\n" . "..|" . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . "|" . FILENAME_CONDITIONS . "|" . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . "|||\n" . "..|" . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . "|" . FILENAME_CONTACT_US . "|" . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . "|||\n" . "..|" . BOX_INFORMATION_ROUTE . "|" . FILENAME_ROUTE . "|" . BOX_INFORMATION_ROUTE . "|||\n" . "..|Kalender|" . FILENAME_HOURS . "|kalender|||\n". ".|" . HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF . "|" . FILENAME_LOGOFF . "|" . HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF . "|||\n" . ".|" . HEADER_TITLE_ACCOUNT . "|" . FILENAME_ACCOUNT . "|" . HEADER_TITLE_ACCOUNT . "|||\n");

} else {
$mid->setMenuStructureString(".|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_HOME . "|" .  FILENAME_DEFAULT . "|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_HOME . "|||\n" . ".|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_NEWS . "|" . FILENAME_NEWS . "|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_HOME . "|||\n" . ".|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_PRODUCTEN . "|" . FILENAME_PRODUCTS . "|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_PRODUCTEN . "|||\n" . ".." . $categories_string . ".|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_INFORMATION . "|" . FILENAME_SHIPPING . "|" . DROPDOWN_MENU_INFORMATION . "|||\n" . "..|" . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . "|" . FILENAME_PRIVACY . "|" . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . "|||\n" . "..|" . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . "|" . FILENAME_CONDITIONS . "|" . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . "|||\n" . "..|" . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . "|" . FILENAME_CONTACT_US . "|" . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . "|||\n" . "..|" . BOX_INFORMATION_ROUTE . "|" . FILENAME_ROUTE . "|" . BOX_INFORMATION_ROUTE . "|||\n" . "..|Kalender|" . FILENAME_HOURS . "|kalender|||\n" . ".|" . HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN . "|" . FILENAME_LOGIN . "|" . HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN . "|||\n");
}

line 268 -- $lvl_adjust = 2; // default = 1

It might look a lot of change, but you'll see its actualy very simple and not so much (its all the same :P)

Even in this dark place, yes, I am afraid of my own shadow.

Contributions | KnowledgeBase | osCommerce 2.2 pdf

I really love this app as well. I've been trying to incorporate manufacturers as a third level, i.e:

Category
|_subcategory
	  |_manufacturer1
	  |_manufacturer2
|_subcategory
	  |_manufacturer1
Category1

So basically I'm looking for a list of all manufacturers that exist in the subcategory

Any ideas would be appreciated

Check out the add-on I uploaded for adding products into Dynamenu - you might be able to tweak it for manufacturers instead of products ? ;)

~Tracy

Ok - I have a strange one happening and I've not had any success searching the forums for a fix.

If you are viewing the site in IE and you minimize your browser window, or just change the size of the browser window, the Dynamenu links disappear. The box they are in is there - but there is no text. You have to refresh the page to get it back :blink:

Any ideas on this one?

~Tracy

How do you:

from " How to get Dynamenu to work with STSv4x, By: Bill Kellum "

"TIP 1: It may be easier to just create a file with the above code and then save this file to

includes/modules/sts_inc/file_name and then add the file_name to the list of files to include in the STS admin."

this is the bit im stuck on:

"add the file_name to the list of files to include in the STS admin"

ive gone into the admin consol and clicked around for ages... please help

matthew.

How do you:

"TIP 1: It may be easier to just create a file with the above code and then save this file to

includes/modules/sts_inc/file_name and then add the file_name to the list of files to include in the STS admin."

matthew.

How do you:

matthew.

Go to Admin->Modules->STS and you should be able to add it from there. I believe if it's for Dynamenu and you want it on all your pages you will want to add the file to Index and to Product Info (if you're using a template for product info that is) - I'm not sure if you need to add it to Infoboxes or not?

~Tracy

Go to Admin->Modules->STS and you should be able to add it from there. I believe if it's for Dynamenu and you want it on all your pages you will want to add the file to Index and to Product Info (if you're using a template for product info that is) - I'm not sure if you need to add it to Infoboxes or not?

Thank you muchly, ive just added it to default but will now add to the others for redundancy sake. have a good night, im off to the pub once im done here if not sooner. releave those square eyes.

for others with the same prob i found this visual pointer:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=998505

well, i have no idea how its happened but dynamenu is working with flyouts, vertical layout. hurray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a problem though, looking at the source code, the footer text is there at the top of the page as well as the bottom. i wont show it here because it will fill too much of the screen.

seems like i may need to go back and remove the include i did above. ill give it a go and let you all know.

second problem which could be related to the above double entry is when you click on a catagory listing i get a flash of a screen with a text output of all the catagories before my normal shop view returns. this is rather anoying to say the least.

dreamers wish list:

having been playing with osc for about 6 months now (learning), it would be nice if there was a stock of osc zip packages with many suitable contributions already added in. i think now im at this stage i will repeat the osc +sts + dynamenu build without my additional tinkering to the templates and post it up for others to get a head start.

let me know what you think - this should help novices like me with little programming skill get ahead without a 6-12 month learning curve.

found it!

Use template for infoboxes

false

turning it to true mucks up the flyouts.

through reading all the posts in this listing i still cant find a work around for this.

but this shouldnt matter as i have not used templates for the info boxes yet.

found it!

Use template for infoboxes

false

turning it to true mucks up the flyouts.

through reading all the posts in this listing i still cant find a work around for this.

but this shouldnt matter as i have not used templates for the info boxes yet.

Matthew,

Unfortunately, this is a known bug between STSv4.3 and above with Dynamenu. If you do not use the infobox templates from STSv4.3 and 4.4, then the flyouts will work with no issues.

We are still working on this trying to find a solid solution. I have a workaround on a test site (http://www.soundsgoodpro.com/dynamenu/) but it still needs tweaking in order for it to work in every situation so I have not posted a solution 'for the masses' yet. :(

Hopefully we will get the infobox templates and Dynamenu working together soon. If anyone else has figured this out it sure would be appreciated!!! :- :thumbsup: :lol:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions