• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MasterCards beginning with 5426

dreamingdigital

Is there a way to modify the default CC module to accept MasterCards beginning with 5426? I've never heard of these before but apparently my client has a customer that has one and can't use it in the osCommerce store because it says we do not support that type of cc.

Ideas??

CP

That's weird.

Amex begins with 3

Visa begins with 4

Mastercard begins with 5

Discover begins with 6

Then again, if it's a special debit card, .... weird. Wish I could help you.

that number is supported. unless you have some other code that restricts it. It's in the catalog\includes\classes\cc_validation.php

This is how I fix it because there is more errors in that code and the card name is not important.

Accept all cards and let youer cc gateway determine if its good or not.

} else {

$this->cc_type = 'Credit Card';

//return -1;

}

• 4 months later...
This is how I fix it because there is more errors in that code and the card name is not important.

Accept all cards and let youer cc gateway determine if its good or not.

} else {

//return -1;

}

Hi user99999999, not sure how to disable all validation. Is that all you do? Comment out the "return -1;" line?

• 4 weeks later...
Yes

And set the card type to 'Credit Card'

Your payment gateway knows the correct type and if it has the money or not.

There is several errors in the cc_validation missing numbers and number overlaps.

Did you replace the entire code on the cc_validation.php page with this simple code??

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

Did you replace the entire code on the cc_validation.php page with this simple code??

No- he's saying he changed

} else {
	return -1;
  }

to

} else {
  //return -1;
   }

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I too cannot get this code to work. Shouldn't it pass forward any cards not recognized?

I get the following error when entering a MC with 5436

"The credit card number entered is invalid.<br>Please check the number and try again."

:'(

I have been lucky in that I have only had one customer to complain about their card not being accepted. I am very curious though, if there are more errors in this page, why is it not a priority to fix?

Tim

I think I am understanding this a little more. After speaking with Dave, I now realize there are several checkpoints the cc_validation.php file utilizes.

} else {

//return -1;

}

By adding the above code, it will pass on any unrecognizable card that doesn't fall in the category type checks - thus no more 'if your card begins with **** we do not accept that type"

After it verifies the card type check and expiry - it performs the luhn formula or Mod10. The anatomy of a credit card utilizes an algorithm that the Mod10 check verifies. You cannot simply enter in any card number to test out the code change, use a valid card.

If you did the code change and received the error "the card number entered is invalid" - that means the card number entered failed the Mod10 check.

Another problem arises when the card used has 18 digits (some UK cards). Then you would need to bypass the Mod10 check.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...php?t40587.html

Thanks again Dave for your help.

Archived