• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

turning off things like reviews/bestsellers/languages etc

horti

hey all,

I have been searching through the admin area and the contributions to try and find a means of "turning on & off" some of the boxes in the main template layout. We don't need things like reviews and bestsellers on our site. Also we only have one language and one currency so it would make sense to hide those boxes too. Is there a way i can do this through the admin panel or is there a module that i have install that will allow me to do it??

sorry if there is a really easy way that i am missing ! :blush:

cheeers :thumbsup:

RF

To hide boxes open /includes/column_right.php and column_left.php

find the box you want to hide and add // in front of the code.

//define ('

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

To hide boxes open /includes/column_right.php and column_left.php

find the box you want to hide and add // in front of the code.

//define ('

ok thanks i will go and do that. I thought that might be the answer but wanted to know if there was a way it could be done without editing code!!

cheers,

graham

Nope, not unless you install one of the contributions (I think there are a couple of different ones) but you would still need to edit code to install the contribution. Once it is installed you can turn on or off the different boxes.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Nope, not unless you install one of the contributions (I think there are a couple of different ones) but you would still need to edit code to install the contribution. Once it is installed you can turn on or off the different boxes.

thanks, i have found the code and removed it! All very easy. I am just thinking if collegues want to edit the layout but are not comfortable with editing code! But i will leave that for another day!! I doubt that is going to happen !!

cheers for your help!!

Graham

• 1 year later...

Hi

Please HELP.

I got similar problem. I need to hide all right-panel boxes, but only when I browsing category (on main there are need to by still visible). How can I do that?.

Archived