• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QUICK PRICE/STOCK UPDATE

chooch

The contribution can be downloaded here:

I am not the author, but someone needed to start a thread because this contribution has potential.

Just needs work on it to make it QTpro compatiable but can be used in its current format for basic sites.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

The contribution can be downloaded here:

I am not the author, but someone needed to start a thread because this contribution has potential.

Just needs work on it to make it QTpro compatiable but can be used in its current format for basic sites.

I was just looking into this. Could I get a screenshot? It allows you to quickly update price/stock via quantity boxes in the admin or something to this effect?

I was just looking into this. Could I get a screenshot? It allows you to quickly update price/stock via quantity boxes in the admin or something to this effect?

I haven't a clue how to get screenshots!

by the way, you can simply add the two admin files and thats that!

just add them and take a look - if you dont like them then you can easily delete them... it's just 2 files.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

hia Chooch !

Would be a hard job to change the code to edit prices and products descriptions, etc ?

Thank you !

Dudacao

Edited by dudacao

Did You Saw The Birds Today ?

hia Chooch !

Would be a hard job to change the code to edit prices and products descriptions, etc ?

Thank you !

Dudacao

you already have the functions in the admin section.

if you wanted to do it in an 'all in one page' it shouldn't be too hard to add the 'edit price' functions to the admin/cateogories file.....

.... if I had the time I would have looked at it but I don't need that function and am really busy with other stuff

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Thank you by your ready attention Chooch !

I said about descriptions and prices (and etc) at the same page (like quick edit), to minimizing the job when we edit these fields (description - mainly using html).

I think this will modify the way that all data can be editing and will reduce the "one by one" changes in products details (descriptions, prices, etc) in original products edit module.

I'm afraid to use html editor contributions, cause of too much and hard changes in original code.

Sorry, i don't want to bore you to change your own priorities, but i'm sure that this will be much appreciated by many people.

Thank you again, Chooch !

Dudacao

Did You Saw The Birds Today ?

Thank you by your ready attention Chooch !

I said about descriptions and prices (and etc) at the same page (like quick edit), to minimizing the job when we edit these fields (description - mainly using html).

I think this will modify the way that all data can be editing and will reduce the "one by one" changes in products details (descriptions, prices, etc) in original products edit module.

I'm afraid to use html editor contributions, cause of too much and hard changes in original code.

Sorry, i don't want to bore you to change your own priorities, but i'm sure that this will be much appreciated by many people.

Thank you again, Chooch !

Dudacao

I agree... if the admin/categories.php file had all that info on it then it would be better... and add to that the attributes etc then it would be very good all round I guess...

.... problem is too many people have modified the admin/categories file so even if some one put up that file we all would have a lot of coding to do to get it working but it would be worth the hassle - i think

maybe someone will post that modification somewhere soon?

CHOOCH

• 3 weeks later...

I just istalled the two files.

Works well but I get an warning. Any hint on how to fix it, or do I even need to worry about it?

Here is the warning from the quick_stockupdate.php file;

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/leakp/public_html/catalog/admin/quick_stockupdate.php on line 84

Here is the section of code it refers to, I think.

$msg_stack = '<br>Updated: ' . $stock_i . ' Product<br>Enabled: ' . $status_a . ' Product<br>Disabled: ' . $status_d . ' Product';

}

while (list($key, $value) = each($price_update)) { //<<<<<<<-------This is line 84 in my file.

// update the price in stock

$update = tep_db_query("UPDATE products SET products_price = $value WHERE products_id = $key");

}

?>

Also, I have fixed the translation in the quick_stockupdate.php file, if anyone can tell me how to post it, I will.

I am new to all this code stuff.

Rod

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

page shows up blank here aswell :|

I installed the update on mine after it showed up blank, and it worked after that. Just find the next posting in the cotribution page and install.

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

• 2 weeks later...
page shows up blank here aswell :|

It's basically just adding two files to your admin, how can they be showing up blank?

CHOOCH

Hello i have allready installed this contribution

It works great.

I have alrady add one line of code so i am able to see also the model of the product.

But i ve noticed that i can update the price for the products attributew.

Do you know how can i achieve this?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello i have allready installed this contribution

It works great.

I have alrady add one line of code so i am able to see also the model of the product.

But i ve noticed that i can update the price for the products attributew.

Do you know how can i achieve this?

Explain again....?

CHOOCH

first just wanted to say thanks to the author and those who have worked on this contribution. its definately a great tool for any ebusiness. i came across the need for a tool like this after utilizing the margin report contribution. i needed a way for management to update price (cost) of all products and update other values such as retail, stock, and price (net).. and this contribution was perfect for the job. i stripped down my build on this contribution and uploaded it for everyone elses enjoyment.

*not included w/ v1.1.3* i did have problems trying to add the ability to change the model # of the product using the method of code for this contribution. :blink: . if the model was changed to all numeric, it would work no problem, but if any alpha characters were used i would get this code.

1054 - Unknown column 'XXX' in 'field list'

[TEP STOP]

what's strange is that XXX is the $value that should be inserted to products_model. if anyone has a solution that would be great.

good morning

I would like to repeat what i ve said before.

I installed the contribution and it works great.

After the installation, i ve noticed that the products model didn't appear to the

admin/quick_priceupdates.php

so i added a line of code in order to be able to see the products model at quick_priceupdates.php

At the same time a lot of products have attributes . and different price.

Exemple

product no 1 : watch 120 euro

watch with red bracelet 125 euro

The same product has two prices.

How can i update the two prices by using this contribution?

Mine turned blank after I resorted my inventory to include a third level of categories. Is there a fix for this? I just built up a whole store around the expectations that this contrib was going to continue working, now im stuck. Please help... =/

Edited by yatahaze

Mine turned blank after I resorted my inventory to include a third level of categories. Is there a fix for this? I just built up a whole store around the expectations that this contrib was going to continue working, now im stuck. Please help... =/

Hi, I have just sent you a PM. from what i understand, you have setup your categories to have up to 2-3 subcategories?

Cat1

---Subcat1

------Product1a

------Product1b

---Subcat2

------Product2a

------Product2b

---Subcat3

------Product3a

------Product3b

------Product3c

now when you use the dropdown menu to pull the products within the subcategories, everything is just blank? is my understanding of the problem correct?

which version quick price/stock update are you using?

what other contributions related to categories/products are in use?

do you get any error msgs.. when does the page turn up blank. when it is blank, if you check the source... where does the code stop, before/after <!-- body_text //-->?

on my development site, i setup the categories as described in the example above. fortunatly on my end it works. i hope we can resolve this problem your having this is a great contribution. :)

OK, this looks like a great contrib. I'm getting a weird error with a new version though. When I have v 1.1.2 installed everything works just fine. But the newer 1.1.3 shows up blank. One thing to mention is if I first have a 1.1.2 version open, than overwrite the file with a new one via ftp, click F5 in browser the new one shows up fine too, I can even make some changes. But when I simply call up the new version the page opens up blank. Any ideas on how to fix that?

I was getting a blank page too and I found the issue around

if (tep_db_num_rows($check) > 0) {

$tree = tep_get_category_tree(); 
		  $dropdown= tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cat_id', $tree, '', 'onChange="this.form.submit();"'); //single
		  $all_list = '<form method="post" action="quick_priceupdates.php"><th class="smallText" align="left" valign="top">All categories:<br>' . $dropdown . '</form></th>';

} else {

// get the tree for that parent
		  $tree = tep_get_category_tree($parents['categories_id']);
		 // draw a dropdown with it:
			$dropdown = tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cat_id', $tree, '', 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');
			$list .= '<form method="post" action="quick_priceupdates.php"><th class="smallText" align="left" valign="top">' . $parents['categories_name'] . '<br>' . $dropdown . '</form></th>';
	}
   }
   echo /*$list .*/ $all_list . '</form></tr></table><p>';

It wasn't echoing the $list. So I changed it to:

echo "<!-- number of rows is greater than 0 -->\n";
	  $dropdown= tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cat_id', $tree, '', 'onChange="this.form.submit();"'); //single
	  $all_list = '<form method="post" action="quick_priceupdates.php"><th class="smallText" align="left" valign="top">All categories:<br>' . $dropdown . '</form></th>';
} else {
	  $dropdown = tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cat_id', $tree, '', 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');
	  $list .= '<form method="post" action="quick_priceupdates.php"><th class="smallText" align="left" valign="top">' . $parents['categories_name'] . '<br>' . $dropdown . '</form></th>';
 }
}
if($all_list){
echo $all_list;
}else{
echo $list;
}
echo '</form></tr></table><p>';

I was getting a blank page too and I found the issue around

} else {

}
   }
   echo /*$list .*/ $all_list . '</form></tr></table><p>';

It wasn't echoing the $list. So I changed it to:

echo "<!-- number of rows is greater than 0 -->\n";
} else {
 }
}
if($all_list){
echo $all_list;
}else{
echo $list;
}
echo '</form></tr></table><p>';

$list was commented out in order to hide all other category drop down menus. $all_list displayed the drop down menu of all collective categories "All Categories". Why it did not appear on your end I do not understand but glad it worked out for u :) I dont know your current working environment but if it helps I've tested this and it works fine on the stock OSC MS2.2. Server Info is as follows. OS-Linux, PHP-4.3.2, Apache-2.0.46, MySQL-3.23.58, Internet Explorer-6.0SP2 for browsing the Admin.

Thanks for the fix!

if($all_list){
echo $all_list;
}else{
echo $list;
}

Hope everyone enjoys this contrib

the fix doesn't work for me. i get a blank page with the heading 'Quick Price Update' only.

I'm using Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) PHP/4.4.2

I must mention that i don't really have products in the database. I only have 3 products and a lot of categories right now.

Thanks for a great add-on, but Im getting a problem with the filename in the menu is like this: BOX_CATALOG_QUICK_UPDATES

Also dropdown boxes do not work. They refresh, but dont change values. All working accept:

Max. # of lines per page

<< Page