• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Task Manager (Admin)

airolg:

As for the Delete From TABLE_INSTRUCTORS issue. what did you do to get that?

I can't seem to get it to replicate that error....

Task Manager (admin_task.php)

Choose task

Edit

Change something

Hit Insert

Takes me to the Table_Instructors error page

Hit back button

Changes are recorded

Hope this helps you find it.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the latest upgrade, I'm no longer able to create new projects.

At the top it says, "TEXT_INFO_GROUPS_NAME_FALSE" and shows the box to enter a new project name, but doesn't add the one I'd entered previously.

I've installed successfully, but I'm getting full blank screen when I click on any item in Task Manager toolbox

I really want to get it working...

I didn't understand whats wrong ...

Airolg:

That Error, regarding the Projects, sounds as if you're trying enter a Project with the same name as once that already exists.

If a Project is has already been created, and you're trying to Create a New Project with the Same name, it won't permit you to create the project.

Hope that Helps.

I should have also double checked all the code for any language variables, and either Create a language file or change it to Text.

Airolg:

That Error, regarding the Projects, sounds as if you're trying enter a Project with the same name as once that already exists.

If a Project is has already been created, and you're trying to Create a New Project with the Same name, it won't permit you to create the project.

Hope that Helps.

I should have also double checked all the code for any language variables, and either Create a language file or change it to Text.

I thought of that and got rid of all the test projects manually in the database itself and tried again and still no go. It's no longer creating projects on it's own. I can do it through the database and they show up fine.

I guess I can dump everything and start over and see if that helps.

Features on the ToDO List for the Task Manager:

- Email:

-Send Email when a Task Is assigned to an Admin

-Send Email after XXX days when task has been assigned

-Sorting:

-Sort Task Results by Column

Send me your feature requests

I have the Column Sorting Done (using a nice JavaScript i have in my library).

I have the Send Email (ON A NEW TASK) done.

The Email Sample is like this:

"Dear [user],

You have been Assigned a New Task.

Please Be sure to complete all your tasks in a timely manner.

Thank You."

I want it to include the Task's info, so I'm still debugging that and trying to get it to work (I'm using the email_messages for this, with all the different merge fields, so no doubt then next update will be quite intensive)

I'd like to have the Send Email (Task Edit), and Send Email (Task Delete) completed and Debugged before I upload a new Package. However, if you want the table Sorting and the generic Email as described, let me know, and I can send you an updated admin_tasks.php.

Current Updates Currently being worked on:

- I'm also making several Changes (Already???) to the task manager, to where the admin_tasks_all.php, will list out any and all tasks, regardless if you are the assigned admin to it or not

- I've made the Current admin_tasks_all.php the new admin_tasks_complete.php where you will be able to view ALL Completed Tasks, regardless of beingt he Assigned Admin or Not.

- I am also working on making a language file for the Task Manager. Which will also enable the task Manager to be Muti-Lingual, as well as following more of the OSC core compliance.

Like I said Before, Send me your Mods, Feature Requests, Suggestions, because it might be a while before a new Version is uploaded.

I have the Column Sorting Done (using a nice JavaScript i have in my library).

I've been a bit busy, but I want the column sorting, so I'll send you an email privately.

Now, since you've asked for wanted features...

Could we have the ability to set the task status when we create the task?

Could we have some color coding (for sorting)?

How about a date column (for sorting)?

How about a checkbox for completion?

Could we have a refresh option to stay logged in?

How about a direct edit option?

I would love a report function so I can print out my daily schedule.

I'd love a popup to remind me to send my merchant account batch at a specific time of day and/or an hourly reminder option so it goes through the same day.

I could go on and on...

Excellent Requests!

Could we have the ability to set the task status when we create the task?

>> Added. Good Idea.

Could we have some color coding (for sorting)?

>> Doable, on the list.

>> Doable (Like when the Task was assigned??)

>> If an order has been compelted it goes off of the list. However I suppose it could be done.

>> I really don't understadn what you mean for that? You mean through the admin panel?

>> Again, Don't understadnwhat you mean by that...

>> Hmmm. A Task Manager Report. Pretty Cool. Good Idea.

should the report list tasks that are of highest priority???

I'd love a popup to remind me to send my merchant account batch at a specific time of day and/or an hourly reminder option so it goes through the same day.

>> Hmmm. A Pop-up For Immediate Tasks??? Doable, but many pop-up-blockers might prevent that.

I was also considering a possible "Due Date" for tasks as well. Which might actually be integrated with the the Reporting and Date Column Ideas. I suppose it could also be used with the pop-up suggestion..."Today's Tasks that are Due" kinda.

Good Ideas keep them coming.

But Remember, The next Major Release will proabably be a 2.0 release.

>> Doable (Like when the Task was assigned??)

I was thinking more of a due date option.

>> If an order has been compelted it goes off of the list. However I suppose it could be done.

I was just thinking that you could go down the list and just check it off as complete rather than having to open up the task and editing, i.e., too many clicks to mark the status, be it complete or move the status up 10%.

>> I really don't understadn what you mean for that? You mean through the admin panel?

That's a great feature of "Who's Online" because it refreshes to see who's visiting and therefore it keeps the admin section logged it. If I'm in Task Manager and I've chosen a task that doesn't require the admin to be open, then when I come back to the admin, I have to log in again...it would just make using the Task Manager more efficient and thus, be truly maintained. I can see that it may become a chore rather than a motivator.

>> Again, Don't understadnwhat you mean by that...

I got a contribution (forgive me for not remembering where) once that allows me to hit an edit icon on a product directly from the product listing, rather than scrolling down to the product itself and then hitting the edit button. This is the part of osCommerce that I truly dislike is that you have to click on something and then choose to edit it...so many unnecessary clicks.

>> Hmmm. A Task Manager Report. Pretty Cool. Good Idea.

should the report list tasks that are of highest priority???

Of course, I'd love to have my cake and eat it too, so I'd like to be able to print a report by project or by priority or by due date...

>> Hmmm. A Pop-up For Immediate Tasks??? Doable, but many pop-up-blockers might prevent that.

I just know that if I submit my batch after 7:00, I lose a day getting it into the bank and it would be nice if all my tasks were in the same place, which I consider submitting my batches to be a task that would fit here nicely.

I was also considering a possible "Due Date" for tasks as well. Which might actually be integrated with the the Reporting and Date Column Ideas. I suppose it could also be used with the pop-up suggestion..."Today's Tasks that are Due" kinda.

Yes, this was what I was thinking, as well.

I'll have more ideas after I play around some more AND after I finish my income taxes!

Well to Begin: Version 2.0 is well underway.

airolg: I have a new "Due Date" feature added to the task Manager.

This Is a really cool function, and a great idea. I have it to where you can set a date as a due date, and in the Task List, It will list the due date (with exception to recurring tasks, as they don't require a due date).

However, if a task becomes overdue, you are notified via the Task List (I was thinking of having a mail function to mail to you all over due tasks.

(I'll send you a screen shot via email)

I haven't started the reporting, or the Pop-up for the Tasks at hand yet, I'm still debuggin the Due date functions.

As for the Direct Edit, I understand, and Can't see why I can't implement it. (I could make the name Clickable, or as you recommened an Edit Icon - Or even better both).

As for Staying Logged on there is a great contribution out there for keeping the admin sessions alive for XXX a time. It's a really great contrib. I do recommend that. >> http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3907 <<

As for the Recurring Tasks:

The way I hate it is that if a Task is set as a Recurring Task, it never goes off the list (I thought this would be easier than having it add itself each day - But that can be changed, in the Review all tasks.)

I also like your idea about the Check Box for Completeion, I'll look into adding it.

Well to Begin: Version 2.0 is well underway.

This is so great! Thank you for all your hard work.

airolg: I have a new "Due Date" feature added to the task Manager.

This Is a really cool function, and a great idea. I have it to where you can set a date as a due date, and in the Task List, It will list the due date (with exception to recurring tasks, as they don't require a due date).

However, if a task becomes overdue, you are notified via the Task List (I was thinking of having a mail function to mail to you all over due tasks.

(I'll send you a screen shot via email)

I will watch for it! Thanks!

I haven't started the reporting, or the Pop-up for the Tasks at hand yet, I'm still debuggin the Due date functions.

As for the Direct Edit, I understand, and Can't see why I can't implement it. (I could make the name Clickable, or as you recommened an Edit Icon - Or even better both).

I think you are doing remarkable work and I would be happy to help in any way, if I can.

The clickable idea is great and intuitive--I'll take either or both!!!

As for Staying Logged on there is a great contribution out there for keeping the admin sessions alive for XXX a time. It's a really great contrib. I do recommend that. >> http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3907 <<

I downloaded that the first day, but it never worked for me. I might try again. Everything installed correctly, but it's not working as designed.

As for the Recurring Tasks:

The way I hate it is that if a Task is set as a Recurring Task, it never goes off the list (I thought this would be easier than having it add itself each day - But that can be changed, in the Review all tasks.)

I also like your idea about the Check Box for Completeion, I'll look into adding it.

I think the fewer tasks on the list, the better, for reviewing purposes. So if I've done the daily/weekly task, I'd want it disappear and trust that it will return for the next day/week. If you were able to do it that way, however, I'd love the option to see the history of the completed tasks, so I'd know when the last time I did it and/or if it's not a recurring task, I'd want to know when it was completed. I'm not sure I'd need the history of daily tasks, so an option to remove from the history of the task would be nice.

I will continue to work with it and send along all my wants and desires to you!!! :D

Well as mentioned before, Task Manager 2.0 is rounding out well.

A lot of new Features have been added:

- Added Customer Drop Down in the Project Add Box so a project can be assigned to a Customer Now.

- Added some mods to the account.php file so the customer can review aforementioned Project(s).

- Added a new calendar for the Due Date Select

- Added a link to the project name so you can view only the tasks assigned to that project

- Added a View By Project, and a View By Status Dropdowns...

- Converting most of the Text in the Task Manager to a language file...

There's just alot of stuff going on with the Task Manager.

the 2.0 Release should debut in a month or less.

I am getting an error for a file that doesn't appear to exist and ideas?

[18-Apr-2006 21:33:26] PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/account_check.js.php' (include_path='.:/include:/usr/lib/php') in /catalog/admin/admin_tasks_all.php on line 423

I don't have a account_check.js.php file.

Thanks,

Todd

Either your account_cehck.js didn't get uploaded, or it could be part of my custom install.

Double check your Downloaded version of OsCommerce, and make sure that it either has or doesn't have the required javascript file, or you can either remove or comment out that line.

I am using the latest version of osc, I hope, about 2 months old. My original install doesn't have the account check.js file. I have a feeling I am missing something. You mentioned your custom install? It seems like the install mentions a contrib that may need to be installed prior to task manager? If so what is it?

Thanks,

Todd

Thank you. I had a feeling I was missing something. Will re-install now. Might want to put this in the install, if it isn't. I very easily could have missed it.

Have a great day,

Todd

Version 2.0 will be debuting sometime next Week, or the week after (time permitting ofcourse).

Most of the tweaks and debugging has been accomplished.

Some of the many new features are as follows:

- Your Highest Priority Tasks: When you initially view the task manager, a nice message box lists out your Highest of Priority tasks. (Right now Set for Critical and High Prioritized Tasks).

- Client Projects : You can now assign a project to a Customer in your store. I found that this feature was helpful when dealing with specific Clients and thier tasks that need to be completed.

As well Client can review the progress of thier Projects/Tasks from thier account page.

- Emails: The Task Manager will send an email to the Assigned Administrator when: A Task has been assigned to them, A task has been editted, and when a Task is overdue.

- Quick Edit Feature: the Quick Edit enables you to click on the edit Icon (or Task name / Description) and directly edit the task. (Feature request by airolg).

- 'Mark As Completed' checkbox. This will mark the task as complete with having to edit the tasks Status to 100% (Feature Request by airolg).

- New Calendar: the Task Manager has a new easier Calendar to select Due Dates.

- Updated Core files: Now have a Review all Tasks (regardless of whom it was assigned to). Review all Completed Tasks (regardless of whom it was assigned to).

- Productivity Report: You can now review your taskers Productivity in a clean and simple report. You can even Print the report.

Still Left to do: Most of the Language in the core has been made into individual language files. As soon as the rest of the language defines are finished the 2.0 version will be available.

-Just keeping everyone up-to-date.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I know everyone has been itching to get thier keyboards on the Version 2.0 release....

...and well...

IT IS UP AND READY!

that's right the Version2.0 has been released.

Go get it at the contribution page:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4145

Feedback is welcomed as always

Hi

I have yet to see this in action but I think it is a great idea to have something as part of osCommerce.

I have just installed the new release and had trouble with the SQL load. The first two tables had issues with the insert of data. I think you added new columns but did not adjust the data.

When I run it, I get Warning: main(includes/account_check.js.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/***/public_html/admin/admin_tasks.php on line 872

I can't see this in the contribution.

regards

Kym

i bleieve the main(includes/account_check.js.php) is part of the Administration Contribution i recommended in the install.txt in the contrib.

You need to have that contribution installed BEFORE installing the task manager.

The Contrib can be found:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1174

If that still doesn't solve your problem, please let me know.