• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cannot login as existing customer.

Trout69

Hi All,

Yet another problem, just when i thought i had resolved it all....

Basically, new customers can sign up and are logged in after the sign up process and everything runs smoothly, however once logged out it is impossible to log back in. The login page just keeps coming up. I entered my login again click continue, and back it comes again. There is no error message, no hint as to what is wrong.

I clicked the forgotten password link, but the email never arrived. I'm honestly confused. I have set force cookie use to true in admin, but to no avail...i'm not sure what the next step is for me?

Apologies, i'm sure this has been posted before, but i've been searching for over an hour an so far found nothing.

Best Regards

Donna

Hi All,

Yet another problem, just when i thought i had resolved it all....

Basically, new customers can sign up and are logged in after the sign up process and everything runs smoothly, however once logged out it is impossible to log back in. The login page just keeps coming up. I entered my login again click continue, and back it comes again. There is no error message, no hint as to what is wrong.

I clicked the forgotten password link, but the email never arrived. I'm honestly confused. I have set force cookie use to true in admin, but to no avail...i'm not sure what the next step is for me?

Apologies, i'm sure this has been posted before, but i've been searching for over an hour an so far found nothing.

Best Regards

Donna

Just a little update, after you click continue once you have filled in you username and password, the page redirects to /login.php?action=process ? Does this look like a complete path?

I have read all the posts for upto around 30 the first pages in this forum, and although there are lots of login problems, none are the same as this.

I have tried with both force cookie use set to on and off, but no improvement. I have noticed however that oscid's are not being used, instead just a standard /product_info.php?products_id=1777 or /index.php?cPath=22

How can this be?Please help as obviously my store is useless without being able to resolve this issue?

Best Regards

Donna

P.S. If you can help but want to create a test account to see the problem for yourself, please visit http://ladyloving.com enter the site and sign up, then logoff and try to log back in.

Donna - you shoud inform people of the content before hand - I don't care but I know some might or other may have children next to them when going there.

BTW- to let everyone know before hand - it is an adult related site

Do you have access to your web server logs... they may give an indication as to what if happening. I've checked you login.php and the create account - they look ok.

I made two accounts and even used the change password function and it worked as well, though after logoff I couldn't log back in with either account.

My Contributions

Henry Smith

Do you have access to your web server logs... they may give an indication as to what if happening. I've checked you login.php and the create account - they look ok.

I made two accounts and even used the change password function and it worked as well, though after logoff I couldn't log back in with either account.

Hi there, Where would i obtain my webserver logs? My main website is through Cpanel...is there an option there?

Best Regards

Donna

PS Apologies for not mentioning this is an adult site, generally there are no images unless you click on a category so i didnt think there would be a problem.

I just had a thought, with regards to the web server logs, is there anything in particular i should look for? I can't access them at present as i'm at work, but once i get home and check will the information be apparent as to what the problem is?

I obviously need a solution to this problem urgently? Particularly as customers need to login to use the forum (phpBB2 contribution) At present only new customers can purchase and use the forum, which is a major problem....yikes!!!

Regards

Donna

Ok, just a little update,

If i enter an incorrect email address it picks up that it doesnt exist and reports the error:

Error: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password.

However, if i type an incorrect password with a correct email address, there is no error message?

At present my error logs do not appear to be showing anything related to this problem, so i am really stumped as to what this can be.

I'm sure this is something to do with sessions but have no idea what can someone please advise me where to start?

My only other option is to empty my database and start from scratch, and to be honest i do not really want to do this.

Best Regards

Donna

I have checked the server logs again and there appears to be a error which reads:

script not found or unable to stat: /home/dtotrans/public_html/ladyloving/login_success.php

Which i do not seem to have in any of my folders (online or offline) so i'm off to try and find one....

Regards

Donna

I have checked the server logs again and there appears to be a error which reads:

script not found or unable to stat: /home/dtotrans/public_html/ladyloving/login_success.php

Which i do not seem to have in any of my folders (online or offline) so i'm off to try and find one....

Regards

Donna

Ok, This may be totally unrelated, but while running through my login.php file i notice it is mentioning SSL alot, however i am not using SSL. Could this be providing the login problem?

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

If so, any ideas what i change SSL to?

Regards

Donna

Hi Donna,

Did you manage to sort this out, I'm having a similar problem. The login process worked fine when the site was tested now it's live it won't let existing users log in.

The only files I have changed are both configure.php

Thanks

Karen

Hi Donna,

Did you manage to sort this out, I'm having a similar problem. The login process worked fine when the site was tested now it's live it won't let existing users log in.

The only files I have changed are both configure.php

Thanks

Karen

Hi Karen,

Yes i did manage to fix it, with me it was to do with the phpbb contribution. It asked you to change an SQL script on login.php however the script it advised to put in place was missing he 'else' statement so couldnt finish.

Sorry i couldnt help you further.

Best Regards

Donna

Archived